Where can I buy various size flip top boxes for seed beads?

This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 146
on May 13, 2009 1:00 PM

I am lookihg for the flip top boxes for seed beads, without the 4x6 storage box.  The 4x6 boxes I have a good deal on, but i want the varous sizes of flip top boxes.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 711
LitaC2 wrote
on May 13, 2009 2:02 PM

Philonese:

Welcome to the club!  I've been searching for those little boxes for quite a while, and cannot locate the manufacturer/distributor.  The only place that has them in various sizes is Fusionbeads.com, but they have them in the storage boxes.

Darice - the wholesale craft manufacturer sells the 2" high boxes in the 4x6 through Wal-Mart, but I'd caution against buying them.  The caps don't fit properly and the box is actually too small for the contents. 

I've even asked dealers who sell beads in the tic-tac boxes where they get them, and I was told Fusion.

Lita

Please see my projects at Stoneheart Beads

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on May 13, 2009 4:00 PM

Philonese and Lita-

I found this place online http://www.beadsbydee.com/Catalog/BeadStorage.html that sells the individual containers in sizes 1.5" , 2", 2.5" and 3" tubes with the flip top lid. They also carry the storage containers you speak of but they sell the tubes individually as well. 

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on May 18, 2009 6:12 PM

If it is any help, I recently bought a couple of 16"x20" carriers with 4 different sizes of flip tops in them at Wal Mart of all places. They are aproximately(haven't measured, strictly eyeball) 1 1/2"x1"x1/2", 1 1/2"x 1 1/2"x1/2", 2"x2"x1/2", 2"x3"x1/2" in sizes. They keep these in stock at both our local and at the beach stores so they may be everywhere. The carrier box isn't very strudy but the bead boxes are outstanding. I have had only one lid muck up on me so far and they get a fair amount of use as my smallish puku shells are in there as well as seeds. If you have a local store, then it's worth a paruse through the craft section.

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 711
LitaC2 wrote
on May 19, 2009 12:56 PM

Billy - I had to laugh when I read your reply - I just returned the same box to Wal Mart.  The little inside boxes don't stay closed for me, and because the carrier isn't clear, it's too darn difficult to see what's inside.  In fact, although Wal Mart seems to have a nice selection of storage products for beads and crafts, I've found most of the stuff to be junk - cracked jars, poorly fitted lids - just the type of thing you want to hold seed beads!

I guess it's a case of getting what you pay for!  I broke down and ordered the better quality boxes from Fusion.  Oh, well.

Lita

Please see my projects at Stoneheart Beads

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on May 19, 2009 1:38 PM

I never seen these ... the little tic'tac style boxes .... but Lisa send me a package today and it was a tiny little one in there ... they are amazing =)
I want to try get some of these =)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 446
on May 19, 2009 9:25 PM

Most of the little storage containers are just hit or miss.  I have some containers that I love, but every once in a while there is one where the lid just doesn't fit quite right and gets jammed so to speak. 

Kirsten Coffee 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on May 21, 2009 8:30 AM

koolaidstains:

Most of the little storage containers are just hit or miss.  I have some containers that I love, but every once in a while there is one where the lid just doesn't fit quite right and gets jammed so to speak. 

I agree 100% with the hit or miss thingie.

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Cpi wrote
on Apr 15, 2013 12:59 AM

Don't give up on those ill-fitting lids. I place small strips of regular tape on each side of the lid until I get a tight fit. I've never had any problem with losing beads once I started doing this. This way, even cheap boxes can be made useful.

Cherie

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 49
MigotoChou wrote
on Apr 17, 2013 3:40 PM

Whimbeads has them!

http://whimbeads.com/cart.asp?pg=products&grp=75

It looks like they are temporarily out of stock, but they do have all the sizes!

Amanda

MigotoChou

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 572
Beadiecat wrote
on Apr 18, 2013 4:40 PM

Sova-Enterprises sells them.

Cat

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on May 14, 2013 11:49 PM

CPI, your idea is similar to mine. :) I put a coat or two of clear nail polish on ill-fitting caps and so far it's worked for me.

Handmade jewelry, beaded beads and more available at my NEW location, bonanza.com/booths/BrightCircle

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 159
on May 16, 2013 12:48 AM

Am I the only one that uses food storage boxes??

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS