Coyote Pattern in any stitch

This post has 27 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,745
Kokopelli wrote
on Apr 15, 2009 11:38 PM

I don't know if you heard about the first bear for 170 years returning to Bavaria in 2006. He came over from Italy and Austria and into Germany, but he kept killing sheep and going into settlements to find food, because he knows that there must be food if there are humans. So it was very dangerous, because people weren't used to deal with a bear in their garden or on their terrace. And so they decided to kill him. That's so sad! But I'm not really sure if I would have loved it to go out in the morning and meet a bear for breakfast on my terrace (especially if I am the breakfast Wink). I think there was an article even in the New York Times about "Bruno".

So what do I have close to my home? There are all kinds of deer, wild pigs (many!), rabbits, very few bobcats (only one seen, but they are very shy), birds like buzzards, hawks, herons, many songbirds, ducks, cormorants.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,145
on Apr 16, 2009 7:58 AM

Pam:

... I downloaded a bead program too but apparently I need to buy it before I can save or print anything with it...

Pam

I have FireShot, a free screen copy program.  It will copy just what is on the screen, or the whole page.  Then it can be copied to 'clipboard' and saved as you want, I paste to Word.  If it is a .PDF, you can save it to your files.  I have Foxit Reader, so I can modify it if I need to.  [I do not give or sell such copies, that violates my limited rights under copyright laws.]

I do most of my downloads of programs from FileHippo.

Stan B.

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Ignorance is curable; Stupidity has neither cure nor excuse.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Apr 16, 2009 8:25 AM

Thank you Stan, I have a similar arrangement with Serif Photo Plus that can copy the screen and then turn it into an image file to be saved in JPEG.  I did that, but then if I want to modify anything I can't do it in the bead program, only to the image file. 

Which is okay for now, but in a week or so I'm likely to buy that bead program or something similar.  I wouldn't really want to copy the screen on it forever not just because it is inconvenient but also because it's really not fair to the maker of the program. 

I'm getting there with the coyote pattern anyway...I think it's going to be just fine with another tweak or two now. 

Only this morning I'm all thumbs and typed in a response to Dagmar's post showing her byzantine bracelet, where I described how to anneal those brass jump rings...and somehow when I hit send I also hit delete or something because I sent nothing and had nothing left afterwards either...the whole post was gone.  Sigh...I'll try again later.  And I'm not playing with the bead program or the coyote pattern either right now because I don't want to wipe it out being clumsy.  Like you say, no excuse for stupidity...

Pam Tongue Tied

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Apr 16, 2009 8:34 AM

That's wonderful Dagmar, that there are wild creatures returning to the European forests!!!  And sad, yes, that they wanted to kill that bear though I do understand the reasoning behind it.  I sure wouldn't want you to be a bear's breakfast either...or anyone else.  Wild pigs close to home?  They're something to watch out for too...not exactly the friendliest animals on the planet.  But then, if all we had was Bambi, well not good. 

I've got a post coming for you later about how to anneal your jump rings Dagmar, I did it earlier this morning and it got lost...so for now I'm sticking to simpler things..

Pam

wrote
on Apr 16, 2009 8:37 AM

Well, if you decide you want me to try my program for you, just let me know.  I'm happy to do it.

I know we have wildlife around here (we're at the base of the mountains), but we rarely see any of it in suburbia, other than lizards (zillions of them-keeps the bug population down), and hedghogs, both of which my dog loves to chase around.  We have to go out and rescue a hedghog every other month or so.  Cute little things!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,145
on Apr 16, 2009 9:36 AM

Pam:

... because it's really not fair to the maker of the program.

Pam Tongue Tied

That's why I don't give or sell my copy without prior permission -- doing so violates the "fair use" doctrine established in/by Supreme Court decisions.

Stan B.

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Ignorance is curable; Stupidity has neither cure nor excuse.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Apr 16, 2009 1:06 PM

Have you tried Easy Bead Patterns? It is a FREE program that a guy wrote for his Mom and then put it online for free. He will accept donations though, so if you really like it and use it, drop him a few bucks. I've only used it a few times as beadweavingis something that I am just starting with and I'm not really profecient at it yet, ya know. You can download it from http://easybeadpatterns.com and install it. It has built in color charts for Delica 11's and Dellica Hex 11's, so if youuse other beads, you will have to match the colors by sight. You can save and print out all of the patterns that you make too, so that's a plus on a freebie program. The printouts are rather large too. Very easy to see and work from. I can see every bead even without my glasses on. *laughz* That's big,trust me! Check it out, you may like it and like I said, it is the FULL and COMPLETE program. Like the old commercial said, "Try it, you'll like it". *grinz*

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Apr 16, 2009 1:47 PM

Hey that's great Billy, I'll go look at that.  Thank you Smile  I used to use Quattro Pro, a spreadsheet program that I fooled around with to make it show and print colors/numbers and format the cells to "bead" size, and then I'd go ahead and put in most of the colors myself...it was a bit tedious, but it worked.  Then last summer my computer crashed and did so again in October...and I lost the whole thing....didn't do much weaving over the winter but I am itching for it now.  That would really make my day to find a program whole and complete to make up my coyote pattern!!! 

Pam

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 316
PatD3 wrote
on Apr 16, 2009 7:18 PM

Pam, I have a program that I can import photos into and then create cross stitch patterms from. I know it is not exactly the same as peyote stitch but maybe that would work too. Let me know if you want to try.

Pat

www.designsbypatdudley.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,745
Kokopelli wrote
on Apr 16, 2009 11:50 PM

Thanks Billy, for sharing that one! It looks good and I'd like to try it. You know, the dy should have 30 hours. *laughz*

Pam, that's ok. Type the post with the annealing tips if you have time and the computer/technique is not against you. Wink

wrote
on Apr 17, 2009 12:02 AM

You can do the cross-stitch patterns as either loom or square stitch.  My mom has a CS pattern program and has made me a couple of nice purse patterns with it.  Now I just need the time to try them.  You just have to make sure not to have any half-stitches in your pattern, of course.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Apr 17, 2009 4:10 AM

Wow, what a wonderful bunch of people you all are!!!  THANK YOU, every one of you Big Smile

I love coming here in the morning and "seeing" everyone.  It's downright good for my mental health Wink 

I did have a little time last night to work on the coyote pattern again.  I downloaded the EZ bead program and played with that a little and it's nice!  So I do think I'm all set now with this, except for getting everything finalized and setting up to do it.  YEAH!!!!  FUN. 

HUGS, love bubbles!, and prayers for all of you

Pam

Not Ranked
Posts 1
s0ul67 wrote
on Feb 8, 2013 9:26 PM

Pam I too love coyotes this is my indian name i am half cherokee.I do have a few peyote stitch patterns for coyotes but not up on the computer yet.I am looking for a pattern myself but of the paw print and i just may have to design it myself as i do have a good pattern createing software.Here in Arkansas we have alot of wildlife here but my animals are always what i call my brothers and thats the coyote and redtail hawk.

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS