Coyote Pattern in any stitch

This post has 27 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Apr 13, 2009 7:01 PM

Does anyone know where I can find a pattern for a coyote, face or full body, preferably not howling, in either brick or peyote stitch, or loomed?  Or any stitch at all?  I'd like to use Delica beads, 11/0 or 15/0.  Big is okay, way too small is not what I'm actually looking for but it might help me do up a design of my own, which I am trying to do but not having much luck...I can't seem to get the colors right.  I've seen some patterns for wolves but I really want one of a coyote with the bigger ears, pointy nose and buff coloring.  We have a lot of coyotes around my house, and I love them.  They should be having pups soon...

Thanks,

Pam

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,748
Kokopelli wrote
on Apr 13, 2009 10:44 PM

Hi Pam,

I don't know if you're searching for a free design or one for purchase. This page has an amulet bag pattern for purchase, but any others I found the coyote is howling.

http://www.dreamlizarddesigns.com/shopping_1.htm

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 96
apachegirl wrote
on Apr 13, 2009 11:40 PM

Pam:

Does anyone know where I can find a pattern for a coyote, face or full body, preferably not howling, in either brick or peyote stitch, or loomed?  Or any stitch at all?  I'd like to use Delica beads, 11/0 or 15/0.  Big is okay, way too small is not what I'm actually looking for but it might help me do up a design of my own, which I am trying to do but not having much luck...I can't seem to get the colors right.  I've seen some patterns for wolves but I really want one of a coyote with the bigger ears, pointy nose and buff coloring.  We have a lot of coyotes around my house, and I love them.  They should be having pups soon...

Thanks,

Pam

Let's see. Try:

http://www.thebeadcoop.com/pattern.asp?PatternID=17321

and:

http://www.thebeadcoop.com/pattern.asp?PatternID=7948

That's all I could find. There are tons of wolf designs, but not as many coyote designs. Good luck -- and be sure to show us your finished product(s)!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Apr 14, 2009 4:47 AM

Thank you Dagmar and Stacey. Smile  I bought the one from Dream Lizard Designs Dagmar and the first one from The Bead Coop Stacey.  Much appreciated.  I haven't had time yet to look them over very much or play with them but I likely will later today or tonight.

Pam

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on Apr 14, 2009 7:38 AM

Pam-- glad they found you something to work with! I wish I lived where I had more wildlife around. I have to settle for my little feathered friends at the feeder though. Keep me updated on what the coyots are up to! I still think knowing they were watching me in the back yard might unnerve me though...

Lois

wrote
on Apr 14, 2009 7:44 AM

Pam, if you have a photo you like of a coyote, you could send it to me and I can try plugging it into my Bead Creator program for you.  I'm a novice user but I can certainly play around with it for you, and it wouldn't cost a thing.

It will make you a peyote pattern in whatever size you want, and tell you all the Delica colors you need (and quantity) to stitch it.  Just a thought...

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,290
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Apr 14, 2009 7:58 AM

Pam I am also glad that your found what your were looking for. Here I the site I often go to when I am looking for something special. there have everything including tutorials. Some free and some for a small fee.

http://www.bead-patterns.com/

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Apr 14, 2009 8:00 AM

They're beautiful creatures Lois.  Birds are too Smile  They don't bother me, they do upset the dogs and they have made lunch out of more than one of my cats, which I didn't like much, but this is the way of predators, both coyotes and cats....

They howl close by every night lately.  Last year on one of my walks I found their den with the pups in it not far from my house, an experience I treasure.  I want a beaded coyote to remind me that human life isn't the only worthy life on earth.

The ones here in the Eastern US are called Eastern coyotes, Canis latrans lupus, because as they moved east from their original range they bred with wolves in the northern Great Lakes area and Canada, and did the same with red wolves in the Southern US.  I've read everything I can get my hands on about this...and am looking for more. 

I also downloaded a bead program, http://www.beadtool.net/, which I haven't used yet.  I was busy this morning taking Molly to the vet's.  But this looks good...

Pam

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on Apr 14, 2009 1:31 PM

OH I wholeheartedly agree. My family is very big on watching wildlife of ALL sorts, that's why when my grandmother asked me where in the world I wanted to go for my graduation gift, I chose a safari to southern africa. It was SO much fun! I still haven't seen a wolf or coyote in the wild, though I've HEARD they coyotes often enough when camping. We used to have a great horned owl that lived in the woods behind hour house, it was so fun to hear him calling at night.

Lois

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 936
on Apr 14, 2009 2:07 PM

Pam, very interesting info, about the coyote! Thanks for sharing!

Erin

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,748
Kokopelli wrote
on Apr 15, 2009 4:57 AM

Pam, that's very interesting info abut coyotes. And thanks for sharing the beading software link. I downloaded it and like to try.

Watching wildlife and nature has a kind of tradition in my family. We are always interested in nature, animals, plants etc, no matter if in our garden and or elsewhere in nature. My biggest event in the last weeks was seeing a pair of eagles in the Alps (they returned to the valley where we go skiing for about 35 years) and an ibex (do you say capricorn only for the zodiac sign?). And before Easter I read in the newspaper that wolves are about to return to Southwest Germany (there are already populations in East and Southeast Germany towards the Czech, Polish and Austrian borders). My father even saw a lynx during  jogging through the woods last year. So it's exciting to see that wildlife is returning more and more to even a small country like Germany.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Apr 15, 2009 5:42 AM

We have coyotes, red foxes, grey foxes, brown bears, bobcat's and eagle's around here among others. We had a 300lb brown bear cub climb up to the top of one of the lamp posts in the Wal Mart parking lot last year and it was a riot. The poor cub was scared out of his mind and he kept swatting his free paw at the gathered crowd like he could hit them from 35 feet off the ground. *laughz* It was too funny. The wildlife commission had to take a cherry picker and a tranquilizer dart to get him down. They took him about 10 miles down the road and set him free again. I have a family of red foxes and at least 3 families of bobcats that live in the swamp that is beside/behind my house. They come up into the back yard sometimes and the foxes actually get along with my dogs, but the bobcats are another story. *laughz* I am afraid that one day one of the cats is going to hurt one of them. So far the barking kind of scares them off after 10-15 minutes, but the cats are bigger than Diego and almost as big as George so I worry a little bit about them, ya know.

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,877
MelindaB@14 wrote
on Apr 15, 2009 8:07 AM

In our area we have Bald Eagles, Bears, Wolves, Coyotes (first one found this Spring ~ sadly he didn't make it through the winter), Porcupines, Ravens, Deer, and Marmets (like weasels).  Lots of Salmon, Halibut & Crab too...I'm sure there are lots of wild critters I missed but you get the ideaSmile

Its a great place to see wildlife but I think I can do without the Bears being on the deck where my kids playCool

MelindaB ~ Juneau, Alaska USA

When you dream ... what are you wearing?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about Learning to Dance in the rain!

Authors UNKNOWNEmbarrassed

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Apr 15, 2009 7:21 PM

Jeni, thank you, that's a real possibility!  I downloaded a bead program too but apparently I need to buy it before I can save or print anything with it...and I bought those two patterns, which are really nice, but not exactly what I have in mind...I'll email you...

Pam

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Apr 15, 2009 7:32 PM

I love hearing everyone's stories of the wildlife around them...it's so good to know these beautiful creatures are there....

We have more than coyotes here too...deer especially, but also fisher, foxes, lots of owls, a very few bear in my neck of the woods but more in other areas in NH, VT and MA...we have bobcats too Billy, and they sure are something to watch out for....cats are definite predators and they mean business...there were a lot of them around when I was growing up.  Moose...there are moose here too.  I've seen mink, river otters, little blue herons...I can't think of all of them right now. 

Last year when I found the coyote den, Molly and Onyx were with me, and Onyx was just beside himself...he was sooo excited.  I'm not sure if he was happy to see them and wanted to get to know them or if he was planning on chasing them.  Molly was just a little puzzled by it all.  But I got them both out of there fast.  Now when they hear the coyotes howl they both definitely want to go chase them away...such brotherly love huh? 

I went back to the den site later in the summer just to see it, and of course they were all gone.  I thought to myself, wow, here I am living in a house, paying for electricity, heat, food, worrying about money and the car, and a hundred other things, and those beautiful wild creatures are just outside living in paradise...

I just love these animals...

Pam

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS