Make Wire Jewelry - Todays Free Pattern

This post has 17 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Apr 11, 2009 3:14 AM

I got a mail today about a new free pattend "booklet". Just the stuff I wanted since Im a beginnger at wirewrapping...
I just have one question.

What is "Quilter’s tape or blue painter’s tape"?
And where can I get some? Hardware store?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Apr 11, 2009 4:24 AM

Inca:

What is "Quilter’s tape or blue painter’s tape"?
And where can I get some? Hardware store?

Painter's tape is kind of like masking tape but it releases easily and doesn't leave any sticky residue. It also comes in green as wellas the blue. The green is a bit stickier than the blue, but either will work fine. I got my roll from my Bro-in-Law who is a painting contractor, but I've seen it at Wal Mart and Fred's as well as every hardware store in town.

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,269
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Apr 11, 2009 4:59 AM

Quilers tape is the same as painters tape except that it is only 1/4inch wide. It is usually solid red or white with little black marks for stitches. It is used to mark the quilting line for quilting. You would find where ever they sell quilting supplies.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Apr 11, 2009 7:09 AM

Alastar Dragonfly:
I got my roll from my Bro-in-Law who is a painting contractor, but I've seen it at Wal Mart and Fred's as well as every hardware store in town.

Billy ;o)

Billy .... cant you be a sweety and ship a "Wal Mart" to Norway? .... They seemed to forget to give up one of those =P

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Apr 11, 2009 7:11 AM

Sue B:
You would find where ever they sell quilting supplies.
 Not to sound like a complete idiot .... but who am I kidding ....
Quilting is like a patchwork blanket thing ? So I should look in the fabrics store ?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,269
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Apr 11, 2009 7:41 AM

yes, that is where I got mine. Good luck I know it is more difficult finding in Norway the things we mention that is so easy to find here in the USA. I wish I could send you all the wonderful things we take for granted here. But I can send you some hugs {Right HugBig Smile

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on Apr 11, 2009 8:10 AM

Both quilters tape and painters tape are easily removed from the surface they are placed on, here, I'll post you a photo of painters tape.... it's the tape they put to prevent painting beyond the wall you are trying to cover... so if you look in the hardware stores, you should be able to find something very similar... I'll go upload a photo and put it in another post.

Lois

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on Apr 11, 2009 8:20 AM

Hmmm... that's odd, it didn't post my reply to you on this... yes, a quilt is a blanket made from patchwork fabric, and you could probably find quilting tape at a fabric store if they carry it, I am also posting photos of the painters tape here for you, which you should be able to find at a hardware store in the Paint area. AND is probably MUCH cheaper than quilters tape... just so you know what you are asking for, painters tape is (here, usually blue) used to create a barrier to prevent paint from getting on a surface you don't want it to get on. For example, you would put the tape up along the ceiling line to avoid getting the Wall paint on the Ceiling. I'm just trying to be extra clear for you, and not assuming you will know what any of this is k?

Two rolls of blue painters tape.Blue painters tape

Website so you can read their description of it

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EJMS4M?ie=UTF8&redirect=true

Let me know if you can't find it or aren't sure what I'm talking about on any of it!

Lois

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Apr 11, 2009 8:41 AM

Thank you Lois. You shouldnt thing I was the daugther and a grand-daugther of a seemstress... For some reason I did not get any trace of that gene... Im totally blank...

But at least now I know what Im looking for (even tho your picture didnt show).
Ill check the fabric store and the hardware store and see where I get "lucky" ...

Tho one question - wouldnt electritian tape work ... that sticky plastic looking band that dont have glue it just stick to it self ... ?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on Apr 11, 2009 12:56 PM

Inca-- no worries! My grandmother was a fabulous tailor, I'm a darn good seamstress, but my sister can't hardly sew to save her life! I've taught her too, she just isn't patient enough!

I'm not sure if electrical tape would work or not... I don't know what the tape is being used for. I suppose you could always try it and see!

Lois

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,884
LoisB@23 wrote
on Apr 11, 2009 1:01 PM

Ok, I went to the booklet and read through until I found where you need the tape... I think electrical tape could work for you! I think the important thing is using something that either leaves no sticky residue behind, or know that you will have to clean any residue off so it won't tarnish or remain sticky. Good luck!

Lois

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Apr 11, 2009 1:16 PM

Not sure I will try that exact pattern ... but I seen a few others that has the same "style" ... and getting those wires to behave and lay next to each other is not allways that easy.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 583
Karenra wrote
on Apr 17, 2009 10:03 AM

electical tape would work, but will leave a sticky residue behind

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Apr 17, 2009 10:45 AM

the el-tape I have is not with glue its like its made to stick to it self but nothing else .... no glue at all
no clue where I got it tho ... so maybe im wrong on the proffessions that us it that its not el-tape.... but it looks like el tape just no glue.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 547
Littlebird wrote
on Apr 21, 2009 7:31 AM

Inca, I'm sure you have hardware stores in Norway......just look in a hardware/home improvement store in the painting section and I'm sure you'll find the blue painters tape.

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS