Odd Count Flat Peyote

This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Violetbead Yes [Y] wrote
on Apr 6, 2009 8:33 PM

There is another way to do odd count flat peyote though this one in the vidoe today is a new one for me.  I like it but I like the way I learned to do it better I think. 

So today I now know 3 ways to do odd count flat peyote.  One that does an odd figure 8 turn.  The second is today's video and the 3rd is the one I teach that you grab the thread on the outside of the odd side.  It gives the edge a chain stitch look and I think today's video has a similar edge.

Pamy

Pamela Welborn 
My Site www.violetbead.com
My Blog www.violetbead.blogspot.com

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 367
on Apr 8, 2009 12:24 PM

HI Pam! I totally forgot about that method. It can become a nice decorative element, can it not? Thanks for sharing that!

PS- my simple turn does have a little extra thread showing, but it's really the same that would show in the traditional figure 8 turn. Any way you do it, it's rather subtle.

Leslie

editor Step by Step Beads

sleeplessbeader.blogspot.com

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 244
Nemeton wrote
on Apr 9, 2009 1:52 AM

I am now totally hooked on the Cynthia Rutledge method (which I learned from her Masterclass in Beadwork, Oct 2006) where you are working two rows at once and the thread follows the 'normal' thread path through the beads with no fancy turns at all, just a step-up and a step-down. It takes a bit of getting used to, but it's pure genius! You can use it for netting too Yes

Lynn

My website: http://lynndavybeadwork.co.uk/

wrote
on Apr 9, 2009 1:59 AM

I use the "chain stitch on the side" method too, and it works great for me.

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Violetbead wrote
on Apr 9, 2009 4:14 PM

All I know is that anything is better than the figure 8 turn.  I will keep yours in mind next time I do odd count and give it a try.  I have decided that rather than a right and a wrong way to do things, it's best to know all the ways so that you can choose the best way for the project at hand.

Pamy

Pamela Welborn 

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Violetbead wrote
on Apr 9, 2009 4:16 PM

thanks Lynn...  lol 

now I have to dig out my Oct 06 Beadwork!  LOL

It's here in the magazine stack somewhere! 

Pamy

Pamela Welborn 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS