Repairs on donated jewelry

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Mar 17, 2015 6:36 PM

Hi,

I've searched the internet and this forum for an answer, but can't seem to find one.  I live in a fairly small town that has numerous charitable organizations.  I've been asked, and am happy to do so, about donating jewelry for silent auctions.  Since I don't sell my jewelry, and don't care about exposure, I don't include my contact information.  However, the people who solicit the donations know who I am. 

My question, how does everyone handle repairs on donated jewelry?  I'm afraid that someone will break the jewelry and expect me to repair it for free.  Some of the jewelry takes numerous hours to make and I don't want to repair it at no cost.  Frankly, I don't like doing repairs at all.  No one else in town does repairs and people are always asking me to do them.  I can say no to that, but not sure what to do about my own jewelry.  My husband says to include a card somehow explaining this, but I don't know how to word it so it doesn't upset people.  Any ideas other than stop donating jewelry?  I'm  seriously considering that, but I like the thought of helping charities in this way.

Thanks for your help.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 707
shanks wrote
on Mar 17, 2015 9:21 PM

CARD:

This jewelry has been donated for the sole purpose of raising money for this event. It comes with no warranty should repairs be necessary. 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Mar 18, 2015 9:48 PM

Thanks for the suggestion shanks, I appreciate it. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS