Memory Wire Wrap Bracelets Query

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 4
colbydesigns wrote
on Dec 28, 2014 1:00 PM

Hi. I'm hoping to get some feedback regarding using memory wire wrap bracelets. I understand that before you cut the wire you figure out how many loops you want for the bracelet and then try to match up the ends. However, every time I make one the ends never meet and it looks awkward. I probably have what is considered large wrists. I am making the bracelets for sale and Im struggling with how to measure these for the masses properly. Any tips would be appreciated. I've looked online and on here but have not quite gotten an answer to my quandary. 

Appreciate it!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 160
SandyA@16 wrote
on May 12, 2015 9:25 AM

I see that you posted this a while ago. Sorry that you haven't gotten any replies. I am not viewing this site very often. I don't know that much about memory wire and I am not quite understanding what you are trying to do.

I am assuming you want both ends to be on the same side rather than one end on top of your wrist and the other end on the bottom of your wrist. If that is the case then you need to realize that the beads you add are going to make the loops larger than when you cut it first without the beads .I  suggest that you experiment on some single loops with different size beads to determine how much longer you need to cut the wire to compensate for the beads.

That being said, I have seen many memory wire bracelets with the ends not matching up and I think that they look very nice.

Happy Beading

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 707
shanks wrote
on May 13, 2015 4:15 PM

If you want the ends to match, cut the memory wire a little longer than what you need, string the beads on and then cut the "too long" end off and finish that way. Put what ever end you want on at that time.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS