Navigation buttons missing using Firefox 33.1

This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 14
on Dec 6, 2014 11:01 AM

Windows 7, Firefox 33.1 webpage display probs.  No navigation buttons showing but text will show when hovering over where the buttons should be. As you can see the text is not very clear either.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,563
D.M.Z wrote
on Dec 6, 2014 1:18 PM

I'd suggest a couple of things, use your cleanup software and do a thorough check on your computer, it is possible it is your computer is sort of "constipated" with trash. It could also be video card, check to see is all new drivers are in place. Lastly, look to see if Firefox has any problems showing up, and make sure that is the newest or drop back to an older version. Reboot after every single step you take and make sure you have a point at which you can drop back to. The biggest problem is that M'soft has dropped support for Win7 to get us all to buy Win9..........which I guess means that they admit no one likes or will use Win8. At a minimum it could be who ever you use as a carrier for your i'net connection. Some of the carriers have been scolded lately for low through speeds and even I noticed it last week, guess everyone was buying online and communicating with relatives. At least you can see the nav labels when you hover over them.............. DMZ

Not Ranked
Posts 14
on Dec 6, 2014 2:23 PM

Wierd, as this is how it has looked ever since I joined & cold boots had been done.  Tinkered last night with FF and gave up so posted about the problem.   Today it is fine but also just checked FF and it is now 34.0 version so probably just needed an update which is done automatically.  Thank you for your response.  I do clear out cookies and trash whenever I try to solve probs.

Thanks again.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,563
D.M.Z wrote
on Dec 6, 2014 4:43 PM

I haven't used Firefox since I discovered Chrome, but most browsers will reload a previous site from memory and then it updates to the newest info.......so if the first time you logged onto B.D. the flawed header showed up it may have lingered. Cleaning cookies and trash should be done, glad you do that, but also clear out your history too. I have my history to not save past the day I am on, so the next AM I have to wait a teeny bit longer to load, but I do get a fresh copy and header. Take care and I hope you have it solved.

Now back to beading for both of us............LOL. I am currently making some simple self-supporting beaded beads from L. Frumin (published in the Art and Elegance of Beadweaving by C. Wells)  to serve as spacers for some custom lampwork beads. They sound delightful clinking together, but I know they are all "soft" glass so I worry about them breaking each other. I love these beads, it takes 6 - 4mm firepolish beads and about 30 or so size 11 seed beads and just about a yard of thread. You construct the bead and then go through the beads until you can't fill them with thread anymore and they self-support. I LOVE making them and go nuts.............. Then I just use them like any other bead when I happen to need one. This batch is specific to these beads however. DMZ

Not Ranked
Posts 14
on Dec 7, 2014 8:39 PM

LOL, it did it again but the problem was I was ZOOMED in (View).  I tried with IE and page displayed properly but was so much smaller....so tried FF and zoomed out and presto, display was perfect!  User error!

Not Ranked
Posts 14
on Dec 8, 2014 12:43 PM

Love to see the project you are talking about. I am very new to beading so looking to learn and get ideas.  Can pearl knotting be used in your project so the knots buffer the concussion of the beads hitting each other?

(Maybe this discussion be posted-moved to different area...since not related to site problems)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,563
D.M.Z wrote
on Dec 8, 2014 2:18 PM

CITS, doesn't matter in this case as it is only you and I discussing.........  I will save this to my faves and when I'm done, I'll post the pic so you can see it. 

Pearl knotting was one of the ideas I originally had on something like C-Lon the kind used for micro macrame.............but, once I decided I wanted to wear this project this Thursday to our December bead society meeting.........well, it is strung on chain, a bright silver chain which I love. It may eventually wear the plating if it is plated, but the beads are free moving on the chain, so they'll come off and go onto fabric or a heavier cord. 

Even when it is done, it might not be done..........I have two more beads out of these sets from two lampworkers, The concept is a rainbow/color palette like you'd use for oil painting, so eventually it may all have another centerpiece which would be a hand beadwoven or bead embroidered palette with dots of color..............who knows. Usually when I have big grand plans I get mugged and the item is sold right off my body.........it is how I continue my support of local and mail order bead suppliers. DMZ

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,563
D.M.Z wrote
on Dec 9, 2014 5:59 PM

CITS, I'm going to post the pic in a new thread, so everyone will see it that cares to. Posting now.DMZ

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS