size 16 seed beads or charlottes - help!

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 6
dhkoenig wrote
on Oct 17, 2014 6:15 PM

Hi- for a while I was buying "size 15" gold charlotte beads in a local store but they were really much smaller than a 15.  More like a 16-18.  They discontinued them and I cannot find tiny 15s anywhere in gold.  Does anyone know of a supplier?  Thanks!  Dana

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 247
KathyK1999 wrote
on Oct 17, 2014 6:50 PM

I just did a search on Etsy and there are several sellers offering gold size 15 charlottes.  There were 24kt gold plated and 24kt gold AB.

Kathy

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 785
Tia Dalma wrote
on Oct 23, 2014 10:30 AM

If the size 15/0 charlottes that you bought are Czech beads then they will be quite a bit smaller than a Japanese size 15/0 bead. Czech size 13/0 charlottes are about the same size as a Japanese size 15/0.

While the Japanese seed beads tend to be hailed as the best of the best, you can't really beat a Czech Charlotte bead...they are much prettier than the Japanese One Cuts.

But the Czech size 15/0 charlottes are getting harder and harder to find these days, and they can be expensive...but you generally only need a few grams of them for a project. And there are a lot of them per gram!

I have had some luck finding these smaller Czech seed beads from Matoska Trading Company. Also from Laura McCabe's web shop (Just let me bead) but she mostly has the precious metal ones and they are very expensive!  And I have found some on eBay occasionally.

And I believe you can find some of the harder to find, tiny seed beads from Beadcats website and Empyrean Beads carries a variety of tiny vintage seed beads from France, Italy etc. Empyrean also has an assortment of vintage metal beads and most of those are really tiny too!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS