Delica Beads?

This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 14
on Apr 18, 2014 5:00 PM

What is your most used size and finish of Delica beads?   

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,273
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Apr 18, 2014 5:33 PM

All and all LOL

I guess I really use the 11/0 more than the rest, although I will use them all if given a choice. All different finishes as well as as many colors as I can afford to buy. 

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Not Ranked
Posts 14
on Apr 18, 2014 7:27 PM

Trying to decide on what finish for a first peyote bracelet.   There are so many to choose from! 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,488
D.M.Z wrote
on Apr 18, 2014 8:11 PM

for bracelets I'd use the bright opaque colors in 11/o size. They are permanent, and won't show any wear at all. If there are many colors used in the pattern, some of them could be matte finish which will contrast. I have a bracelet that used DB0041 (a gold color, not a gold bead) orange, periwinkle blue and black opaque, a few pink which look to be galvanized and some matte khaki to separate the color bands. Sounds weird, but the designer mixed in the black and khaki enough to make the orange pop, and the light amount of pink and periwinkle just added to the delight. But they were all opaque colors. If you are just gradually shading the colors, delicas will give you enough to do a great job. 

I also like inside color lined (ICL) with clear glass over the color as it makes the colors pop, but to me peyote bracelets are not stiff enough to keep that color lining from eventually coming off. Transparent colors will not pop in a bracelet, they will just be less than they look in the tube. I love delicas and have all the colors and in almost all the finishes. I also have a small supply of size 10/o that I bought before my eye surgery as they are a bit bigger and were easier for me to see. DMZ

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 186
trayck wrote
on Apr 18, 2014 8:57 PM

What about trying stitchboard.com?  It might help give you an idea of what colours to use.

What you do is download a picture into the pattern maker and it will then pick what it think is right or there is an option there where you can choose your own delica colours.  

It has squares of colour representing alot of the delica colours and if you hover your mouse over it it says what the colour is and if it is transparent, metallic, opaque etc.   

This might help a bit with choosing your colours but it is only a guide as the beads don't  quite look the same in real life.

One project I was working on the ladies at the bead shop kindly allowed me to gather up all the colours I wanted to try and let me open them up and put them on a needle and thread I had bought with me so I could get a better idea of their true colours out of the tube.

Please make sure to post a pic of your finished piece in the Readers Showcase

T

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Caidanbi wrote
on May 6, 2014 3:23 PM

So far I've only used size 11/0, but I'm really interested in using the super tiny ones! As far as finish, I like all of them! For different looks, they are all good, and I love the way the sheen and tone of a color differs with the finish.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 224
KathyK1999 wrote
on May 6, 2014 7:30 PM

I've used mostly 11s, but have used a few 8s (mixed with other kinds of beads) in a bracelet.  All finishes!

Kathy

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS