Finishing off peyote

This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Kampur wrote
on Feb 6, 2009 8:08 AM

How do you finish off your last row of peyote so you don't have the peaks and valleys to attach you loop or toggle? All help would be greatly appreciated. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,307
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Feb 6, 2009 8:33 AM

Here is what I sometimes do. I take a contrasting color bead in a smaller size or you could use the same color to blend in, but they have to ne smaller beads. Just do a row of peyote using the number of beads it takes to fill the valleys.

Hope this helps you.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 791
on Feb 6, 2009 8:46 AM

I myself had this same question as I'm just starting to do peyote and had just finished the "body" of a bracelet cuff but was stumped about the end.  Sue, that is so simple!  I assume that once that last row of peyote is filled in, we can use the same smaller beads to reduce the band to attach a clasp or button.  I can reduce the one end for the button and use the same smaller beads to make a "button hole" at the opposite end.  Right?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,307
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Feb 6, 2009 11:53 AM

Dawn if you try to reduce the size of the end using smaller beads you may end up with the beads haveing a curve in its. What i do is I make a chain of peyote for a loop and then sew a button on. see the example I have posted for you.

hope this helps.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 791
on Feb 6, 2009 12:08 PM

Oh, I see!  The pictures are awesome and really help me, I'm pretty visual.  And I love that bracelet!  Thanks so much for your help.  Star

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 119
KristaBella wrote
on Feb 8, 2009 6:42 PM

Is that ever a neat idea.. That button is beautiful too.. I also love those beads. .What colour are they??

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Feb 13, 2009 9:27 AM

yea those beads look amazing :)

If you get the chance, check out my rock polishing blog!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS