Product / image Organizing???

This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 5
rayge wrote
on Jan 24, 2014 12:17 PM

Im not sure where to post this but im hoping some of you may have a similar situation. I am taking pics of all the bracelets we make. 1 long way and one circular. then store them in a folder. some will be sold by us but some will be sold at a store. the store uses a naming convention for the product skus and we on our own do not as of yet.

My problem is trying to figure out HOW to keep all the products organized so I know what is at the store, which has sold (i get emails with the skus) and which we have sold Etc without getting all confused. should i use EXCEL or something or organize the images in related folders? Im just at a loss on how to keep track of the items LOL

Thanks for any help!!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 263
Sharon Mc wrote
on Jan 27, 2014 3:40 AM

If you have the Microsoft Office Suite my suggestion to you would be to use Access, the database that comes with it. There is a very quick and easy tutorial/template that will set you up in no time. But, someone else will come along and suggest Excel. My two cents worth--Access is sooo much easier to set up and use.

Sharon Mc

Not Ranked
Posts 5
rayge wrote
on Jan 30, 2014 6:23 AM

I've also seen a few specialty apps geared towards this. 

Bead Manager Pro and Jewelry Designer Manager

has anyone used these? whats the consensus on them?

Not Ranked
Posts 14
on Feb 5, 2014 12:50 PM

Depends on how big is your collection and how many different selling points you have. If you are selling from a lot of store fronts or just one. for a product selection less than 100, you can manage in excel. If you are planning on expanding to a few hundreds, better use a database. Access come free and can be configured by a novice programmer.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
rayge wrote
on Feb 6, 2014 12:41 PM

Whats the tutorial / template? do you happen to have an example accdb i can play with?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS