pattern for peyote stitched starfish

This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 5
on Jan 25, 2009 11:43 AM

I cut a pattern for peyote stitched starfish by, Dulcey Heller, out of magazine (I think it was Bead Style) a while ago and put it in my file books, I went to get it out as I had a super brain storm idea  and found I only had the first page.  This works fine until I start trying to get them all together then I seem to get lost.  If anyone has this pattern or knows where it might be found I would truly appreciate the help.  I just got a great idea of a new way to use them in something else I am making and now no complete directions. 

Mahalo for any help that anyone can give me,

Debbie Fowler

Blue Water Beadworks

Honaunau, HICool 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 244
Nemeton wrote
on Jan 26, 2009 1:30 AM

There's a thread on here about the starfish - with versions made in different bead sizes - Dulcey's original pattern was in Beadwork magazine, Feb/Mar 2005, page 33, 'Wish Upon A Starfish'. If it's not available on Beading Daily (and it should be - it's a wonderful pattern and the starfish are so satisfying and addictive to make!) then somebody somewhere must have a back number... Hope that helps!

Lynn

My website: http://lynndavybeadwork.co.uk/

Not Ranked
Posts 5
on Jan 27, 2009 10:02 AM

Thanks so much for your reply, I will check the threads here first then if I can't find what I need I will see about ordering a back issue of, Bead Works or just the pattern.  Yes I loved the way they looked and thought they would be great to play with.  Then I came up with a fun way to try and use them, and couldn't find the entire pattern, will be very grateful for the help you gave me.

Mahalo,

Debbie

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,145
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Oct 30, 2009 5:47 PM

Post a picture of the Starfish, as far as your instruction goes, and I bet some of us, could help you fill in the blanks to finish it up.

I love th story of the "Starfish" on the internet. 

There was a" How to" at one time on BD,

Good Luck, Mary

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,145
on Nov 1, 2009 4:40 PM

Guess she must have found her answer.  If not, I DO have that issue, and the two pertinent pages are in excellent condition, too.

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Ignorance is curable; Stupidity has neither cure nor excuse.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on May 15, 2013 8:10 PM

I have been looking for a starfish pattern for some time, they are all so expensive. Would you be willing to sell your magazine. Please email me

Look forward to your reply.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,307
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on May 17, 2013 2:25 PM

Crickett, I removed your address . you never want to post your address out there on a public forum like this. Beading Daily has a very neat way of others to e-mail you without giving your address out. They would just click on your name, and your profile will pop up. Under your avatar they can click on "send e-mail and they never know your address unless your reply.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,145
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on May 20, 2013 10:02 PM

http://3dbeading.com/guest_patterns/sea_star/1.shtml Here is a 3-d beading pattern for starfish

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on May 20, 2013 10:50 PM

Thank you, i didnt know if they could do that or not but I appreciate your concern and correcting it for me.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on May 20, 2013 10:51 PM

Thank you for the pattern, I look forward to trying my hand at it.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS