This'll keep me busy!

This post has 38 Replies | 1 Follower rated by 1 users
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 60
Keith L wrote
on Jan 16, 2009 12:27 AM

Hi folks, I think I'll enjoy my time with Ruby, lol - and as Dawn points out, there are two more in this series (which will have to be completed in due course!) - I'll probably have a full complement of Delicas by the time I'm done, lol

Sherri - it's not a real shark - it's a plastic sculpture marking the reef conservation area in Hurghada, Egypt - just thought it'd make a great photo ... sorry to shatter any illusions of my machismo/stupidity Embarrassed

Keith

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 75
figment2 wrote
on Jan 16, 2009 4:16 AM

Wow....that's an amazing piece. 

Just curious....what will you do with it when you're done?  I also do peyote work and I'm not sure what to do with tapestries when they're completed. 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 187
Briggs wrote
on Jan 16, 2009 8:54 AM

Wow that is beautiful!!

I do peyote, mostly bracelets, but I also do cross-stitch and have done some that have taken a good year to complete, so I can feel your pain (or happiness, because it is an amazing feeling once you complete the piece)!!

Definitely post it once you're finished!!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 60
Keith L wrote
on Jan 17, 2009 7:00 AM

Hi Figment/Briggs - I tend to have the finished pieces framed (I'm lucky enough to have an excellent framer nearby), and also started from cross stitch. I now prefer working with beads because the finished results are much quicker - generally! I guess 'Ruby' will take a while to complete.

I've posted a pic of a completed peyote panel below:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nwukcop/

Keith

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,742
Kokopelli wrote
on Jan 17, 2009 11:09 AM

Sherri,

I even can't imagine how small they must be. I think they are great for making beaded beads and I'd love to have a look at them (and maybe take the challenge Wink). Last week I frightened a colleague by working with size 11 seedbeads. He said that he can't even focus on the beads, because they are too small for his eyes. As I told him, that working with tiny beads calms me, he was OFF! Give me size 15 delicas and he'll never ever talk to me again.

Maybe you can send me just two colors and I give them a try.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Jan 17, 2009 11:34 AM

Dagmar:
Last week I frightened a colleague by working with size 11 seedbeads. He said that he can't even focus on the beads, because they are too small for his eyes. As I told him, that working with tiny beads calms me, he was OFF! Give me size 15 delicas and he'll never ever talk to me again.

Do you want him to talk to you, or do you want to get ridd of him. =O At least now you have the option.

I dont think I ever seen Delicas 15 ...

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,742
Kokopelli wrote
on Jan 17, 2009 11:39 AM

Inca:

Dagmar:
Last week I frightened a colleague by working with size 11 seedbeads. He said that he can't even focus on the beads, because they are too small for his eyes. As I told him, that working with tiny beads calms me, he was OFF! Give me size 15 delicas and he'll never ever talk to me again.

Do you want him to talk to you, or do you want to get ridd of him. =O At least now you have the option.

I dont think I ever seen Delicas 15 ...

When I posted this I knew that someone would post this question. I'm thinking about the options. Wink

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Jan 17, 2009 12:32 PM

You should know by now that Im the one that allways ask the stupid and a bit to curious question no one else dare too ...

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,099
Sherri S. wrote
on Jan 17, 2009 3:33 PM

Dagmar,

I'm afraid all of my delica 15's are already in the mail on their way to Jeni. 

But the GOOD NEWS is that you will get TWO STRANDS of the kyanite sticks from me - Shawna passed on them because she has not yet gotten into gemstone beads but is thinking about it!  Besides, you were the first person to express interest in them, so you should get them anyway.

Sherri S.

Check out my Etsy Store......

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6321824

Check out my Etsy Beads Store.......

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7141344

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Jan 17, 2009 5:21 PM

Can I ask where you get the 15/o Delicas, I cant see any on FMG.
Im just curious.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,261
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jan 17, 2009 5:42 PM

inca check out these sites.  http://www.fusionbeads.com/shop/category/95/Delicas_by_Color/

http://store.beadaholique.com/Beads/Miyuki%20Beads/

http://www.shipwreckbeads.com/catalog/Beads/Seed-Beads/Miyuki-Seed-Beads

here is a chart from miyuki this may help to realize the sizes.

http://www.miyuki-beads.co.jp/english/seed/01.html

if you would google "miyuki delica" you will come up with a host of sites to visit.

hope this will get you started.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Jan 17, 2009 6:42 PM

That looks nice, Just have to figure out if they ship to norway. I do like weaving and peyote. Its like my "safe one" ...
But the FMG is not all that easy on the small ...

And kinda looking for a few colors that I cant find on FMG ... (if they excist)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,742
Kokopelli wrote
on Jan 18, 2009 12:57 AM

Phew! Thank you, Sherri! I dodged that "size 15 delica bullet". That one would have turned me into a monster like Billy. Making beaded beads by the dozen, frightening more colleagues etc. I am already called the bead/craft crazy secretary/assistant in the firm! Big Smile Thank you in advance for the kyanite! Two strands! I can't believe! I'm just speechless........

Inca, we are the same in that thing. I always asked the questions, that others only have in mind (and keep it there). I learned in my job that I should sometimes do the same. Just shut up! Embarrassed But I don't mean that to you. I enjoy all the thoughts brought in here and sometimes (as in this case) they make me laugh out loud. About the colleague: he is a very, very kind person and I like working with him (but married and so absolutely no way, I have my rules!Wink). He always feels like disturbing me, when he wants to know something or needs something from me. And he knows the words "good morning", "please" and "thank you", which sometimes don't seem to be very well-known. So I don't think I want to get rid of him. Hey, another reason to send all the delicas to Jeni, Sherri! Big Smile

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,027
Editor
on Jan 23, 2009 6:37 PM

Inca:

call in sick

What, for the rest of her life?!  LOL!!!

Ahhh, one day I'll have time again to do large-scale projects.  Right now, with a one-year-old, I'm happy to get an hour to bead.

"Yesterday is history.  Tomorrow is a mystery.  But today is a gift.  That's why it is called the present." -Kung Fu Panda

wrote
on Jan 24, 2009 5:52 AM

No kidding, Jen!  I don't think I got any beading done until my son was at least 5-6mos old, and then it was sporadic at best.  Now that he's nearly 2 (next week) I can at least get a little bit done, until he thinks I'm ignoring him and starts trying to get my attention (by standing up and rocking in my recliner, for example).

Keith, good luck with your project!  I just finished a big one myself, and what a relief that it's done!  I just hope all the work was worth it-it's for Bead & Button's Convergence competition.  Fingers crossed, and I'll share it when I can.

Page 2 of 3 (39 items) < Previous  1 2 3  Next > | RSS