Help with finishing a bracelet

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 43
Cari Baker wrote
on Jun 25, 2013 11:47 AM

Hi… I will do my best to explain my situation

I have 5 strands, seed beads on 26 gauge wire, I would like to cover up near the clasp. I have looked into cones and bead caps… but nothing that I would make me shout ‘That’s It’! LOL Unfortunately, my knowledge about making jewelry is small so I thought I would turn to the experts… All of You!  My question:

Is there something I could use to wrap around the wire, like a large crimp bead… or a bead of some sort… I’m grabbing at straws now.  Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time and I posted a picture below to use as a guide.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 583
shanks wrote
on Jun 25, 2013 2:20 PM

If you have some sort of grinding tool (Dremel) or such, a Small vice Grip pier you would only have to purchase a set of "Finish Nail Setting Punches" Usually three sizes in a pouch.

These have a very nice taper for making wire cones.  What you would do is grind off a small flat spot on both sides of the punch about 1/16 inch.

Using the Vice Grips you clamp the wire you want for the cone onto the punch.  For a normal cone, it will take almost a foot of wire. Just wrap the wire up the punch until you get the length you want. Snip the wire back off the small end to where you want.

If you do lots of jewelry like you have in the pictures, you will find this to be a very cheap way to make cones, and you can match what ever color you want.

Hope this helps

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 43
Cari Baker wrote
on Jun 25, 2013 4:08 PM

Very interesting, I will certainly look in to this suggestion. Thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS