How should I organize my beaded jewelry?

This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
LoriSue wrote
on Jun 22, 2013 12:27 PM

I have a lot of beaded jewelry.  Who doesn't?  I normally use Nymo to make my jewelry.  I was wondering how to organize it.  I am afraid it will stretch if I hang it.  And it will lose it's shape if I just put it in a pocket of one of those hanging jewelry organizers.  Does anyone have any suggestions? 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 28
EmmaBaby123 wrote
on Jun 22, 2013 2:13 PM

I keep my macrame jewellery in the same place i keep my other earrings & necklaces - a small jewellery box!

With regards to maintaining the condition of your beaded jewellery, you should try & switch to Fire-line for your jewellery.  It's what I use & it's never affected the condition of it.  Furthermore, you can try & use a conditioner on the threads or cords of your jewellery.  Something like Paraffin Wax or Bees wax...  Just look for non-toxic, hypo-allergenic synthetic polymer material.  Conditioning your thread will prevent your threads from becoming frayed, tangled or split.

Regards

Emma

For knotting techniques & tips & how to create macrame plant hangers, bracelets & necklaces, check out:  http://www.freemacramepatterns.net/

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 230
Sharon Mc wrote
on Jun 22, 2013 4:55 PM

I use Nymo for my beaded jewelry and it does not stretch after hanging. Just make sure you stretch your thread pretty good after you cut it, but before waxing and using it. The only time I use fire line is if there are crystal bicones or lots of bugle beads in the design.

Sharon Mc

Not Ranked
Posts 21
VerdantEdge wrote
on Jun 26, 2013 2:48 PM

With the exception of a few pieces in my personal collection that I wear on a very regular basis, I keep my beaded jewelry - both inventory and personal items - in those plastic bins with the drawers because even though its made with FireLine I don't want it sitting out to get dusty.  While this ends up taking up a fair amount of space, its an affordable storage option and at least I know that my stuff is safe and clean.  Besides, there's no point in putting extra stress on any kind of thread by squishing it into small containers or leaving it hanging up.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS