Finally Finished...

This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 439
Ricki Ayer wrote
on Jun 18, 2013 12:44 PM

I am not sure why this piece took as long as it did - but it was sitting on my bead board "mostly" finished since before I went on vacation over a month ago (and I was only gone for a week).  I kept coming back to it and tweaking it...then letting it sit again.  I finally said - "enough...it's done".  I call it Midnight Trio - I truly have a hard time with coming up with names for my jewelry, but I wanted to send a picture of this one along with applications for a couple of local juried shows coming up this fall, so I felt it need a name - other than "black necklace & earrings".  Since I had a fairly good photo of the piece, I thought I would share it.  I have a couple of other new pictures (a friend's husband took them for me - they are way better than what I have taken).  I will share a couple more in my next post.

Ricki

"Ayer Baubles"

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,355
D.M.Z wrote
on Jun 18, 2013 1:40 PM

Ricki, really nice, seems that sitting on your work surface did the trick. Sometimes things that sit a while get improved as I think about them. I like it a lot and don't usually do darks or solid color schemes, but that will be spectacular on a dress of most any color or shade.  Nice distance between rows, lots of interesting things to look at, should do well in competition. Donna

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 439
Ricki Ayer wrote
on Jun 19, 2013 9:03 AM

Thanks Donna, I really appreciate your positive comments.  The spacing between the 3 tiers was definitely one of the things keeping this piece sitting for so long.  Then I kept changing my mind about the order of the 3 tiers... I finally decided I was just over-thinking the whole thing which I tend to do a lot!!  I should hear about whether I was accepted in the 3 juried shows that I sent this photo and a few others to recently by mid-July.  2 of them I did not get into last year and one I did get into but was told that they would be "much more selective" in the jewelry catagory this year.  There are so many local jewelry makers trying to get into some of these craft shows that they turn down way more than they accept.  I am hoping to get into at least 1 or 2 of these shows.  I am already scheduled to do several non-juried (and a few juried ones I have already been accepted to)  shows as well, so I have about 10 currently scheduled between now and mid-December.

Ricki

Ayer Baubles

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,715
Valbeads wrote
on Jun 27, 2013 12:04 PM

I love it! it's so flapper!  I could just see the Young Lady Rose from Downton Abbey wearing this.  It's bold and daring, and so is she.  The whole set really makes me drooooooool!  Ooooo!  That's it, Ricki!  Call it the Lady Rose!

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 540
debbiela wrote
on Jun 28, 2013 5:19 AM

A gorgeous set !  Very sophistated. 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 208
christina66 wrote
on Jul 3, 2013 10:12 AM

Love this set . It's quite a contradiction - manages to look a bit Victorian and 21st century at the same time as well as being intricate and simple all at once. Would so like to wear this.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 139
Hookfu wrote
on Jul 12, 2013 1:28 PM

Midnight Trio is AWESOME! I love black jewelry.

Tony

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS