Hello, world!

This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 8
on Jun 7, 2013 9:19 AM

Hello from Massachusetts.

My name is Sandra O'Donnell and I love making jewelry. I began making jewelry in 2008 when my daughter strung together some beads to make necklaces. She didn't know how to finish them off, and I didn't either, so I took an introductory class. I made two pairs of earrings during that class and was hooked.

Since then I've studied, created, torn apart, experimented -- and learned a lot. I recently launched a web site for my jewelry, and am looking forward to exchanging ideas with other Beading Daily members to help build success for all of us.

My favorite stitch is Right-Angle Weave (RAW). So many wonderful possibilities with that stitch!

I consider jewelry making my third act. My first career was as a newspaper sportswriter, and my second was as a software engineer specializing in international issues. The first program any engineer writes is one that prints "Hello, world!", so that seems a good way to say hello to this group.

Best,

Sandra

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 224
KathyK1999 wrote
on Jun 7, 2013 10:42 AM

Welcome to the forum!

Kathy

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,953
SEllen 2 wrote
on Jun 7, 2013 10:52 AM

Hello Sandra & Welcome to the forums

We're glad that you could join us. We love to hear from new voices. So, find a thread that interests you and join in on the conversation.

I hope you will post some pictures, if you can, of some of your work. If there is anything more that we like than talking about our beads it's enjoying seeing the pieces others have created.

Drop in often and chat.

see ya in the posts

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Not Ranked
Posts 8
on Jun 7, 2013 12:15 PM

Thank you, SEllen and KathyK, for your kind welcome.

As SEllen suggests, I'll see you in the posts.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS