Trade reveal! (pic heavy)

This post has 8 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on Jun 4, 2013 2:53 PM

Recently I did some GREAT trades with Christina and CryssT. They shared their seed beads for my sterling supplies (and yes I still have silver to trade--details in Barter) and here's a small sampling of what I made using the new beads.

Using earth- and green-toned seed bead mixes from Christina, I made a pair of netted embellished bracelets, modified from a pattern in a recent issue of Beadwork.

Here I used her teal mix to crochet a 5-around rope, incorporating green superduos. I'm not sure if I'm going to put beads between the superduos or not.

Here I simply strung a couple yards of coppery-bronze 15s on upholstery thread, and did a simple slip stitch with the strand of beads itself. It makes a classy, comfy, convertible necklace/bracelet. And now I have an excuse to buy 15s!

Only a week or two after receiving CryssT's package of beads, a woman at my church commissioned a crochet bangle in 'brown and cream, with some black and silver'. Normally I would have neither brown nor cream in my stash, but CryssT had happened to send me both, and both my client and I LOVE the end result!

Here's just a little preview of a project using beads from Cryss and Christina. I'm prestringing for a crochet rope.

Crochet rope using pink-lined blue 11s from Christina (I've wanted these for years!) and lavender opal 8s, embellished with frosted blue AB 6s on the edge.

I"d like to extend a big huge THANK YOU to Christina and Cryss for sharing their stashes. I am having a WONDERFUL time with the beads!

Handmade jewelry, beaded beads and more available at my NEW location, bonanza.com/booths/BrightCircle

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 517
tcwhit wrote
on Jun 4, 2013 6:50 PM

It certainly appears that you're having wonderful time. You must work so fast to have accomplished all these. Takes me at least a week to do a simple spiral necklace. They all look so pretty. You have a good eye for the different combinations.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,563
D.M.Z wrote
on Jun 4, 2013 9:54 PM

J: good trades, great items. I am especially enchanted with the green sparkly bracelet and the blue one with the inside color beads and the matte biggie blues. But the brown, black, white one is too cool also. Nice work. Donna

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 269
KathyK1999 wrote
on Jun 5, 2013 7:33 AM

I like the brown/cream/black/silver bracelet the best, but the first two netted bracelets are right up my alley too!

Kathy

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 182
lasexybuda wrote
on Jun 5, 2013 2:52 PM

Nice work, all are beautiful

Happy beading

Irene from the enchanted Island

Happy beading!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Jun 6, 2013 1:02 AM

All these pretties are making my head spin; they're all so lovely.  My absolute favorite is the teal one.  I'm shallow enough to admit, it's a great color on me, and really pulls out the green on my hazel eyes.(g)

Val

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on Jun 17, 2013 1:22 PM

I too am partial to the teal one with its caterpillary shape. :D The brown/cream one is a new color palette for me, so I'm planning to do another in similar colors.

P.S. I still have plenty of beads/findings to trade!

Handmade jewelry, beaded beads and more available at my NEW location, bonanza.com/booths/BrightCircle

Not Ranked
Posts 9
on Jun 18, 2013 3:31 PM

Wow, those are beautiful! I would never have thought of brown and cream, but the result it really striking.

Great work.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 554
CryssT wrote
on Jul 1, 2013 10:12 PM

Those turned out great and I am happy with the silver..

~cryssT

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS