So many seed beads, what to do?

This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 9
murralis wrote
on May 19, 2013 1:43 AM

What are the quickest, easiest, way to use up all---- these seed beads I have acquired? Their should be some projects that will use them up "easily".

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on May 19, 2013 10:57 AM

Tons of things! Almost any peyote/brick/herringbone stitch bracelets, or how about a beaded box? Or maybe bead embroidery on a jean jacket or a shirt? Spiral necklaces? I just trimmed out a boring old denim skirt that showed no signs of wearing out anytime soon. Also did a suede blazer over the winter with beads and matching sequins. The way I feel, if I bought it, I can put beads on it. And yes, that includes curtains and lampshades.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on May 20, 2013 4:35 AM

Hanging drop is a nice choice. It needs many beads and it's a easy work.  Or you can make some bracelets, necklaces or jewelry case. There are so many choices

Not Ranked
Posts 9
murralis wrote
on May 20, 2013 12:30 PM

I am not familiar with Hanging Drop. Could you explain more about it?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,468
D.M.Z wrote
on May 20, 2013 2:08 PM

Murralis, maybe she means fringe? Fringe does use up lots of beads, especially if you do some branched fringes.............and of course they look divine on necklaces. Donna

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 542
shanks wrote
on May 21, 2013 12:44 PM

It may not be quick, but if you will look at the post (loomed portrait) and take a look at her work you would have no problem using up the seed beads.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 183
trayck wrote
on May 22, 2013 4:29 PM

what about French Beading some flowers?

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 198
on May 23, 2013 12:21 PM

Yes fringe/fluff bracelets/necklaces can use them up quite quickly, especially if you do a lot of passes and make it really thick:

If you have limited amounts, but a lot of things, freeform peyote works wel

l

You could also do peyote/loom as the base for some type of embellishments with other beads on top.  Loom pieces can also use a lot of beads quickly and you can do some cool patterns even if you don't have a lot of any particular bead.

- Allie & Nathan
Potomac Bead Company

www.potomacbeads.com
Buy Online: www.thebeadco.com 

Not Ranked
Posts 9
murralis wrote
on Jun 5, 2013 9:05 PM

Thank you all for the ideas, every time I get my juices flowing I get ill and have to pull back. I did order the book "Kumihimo Braiding with Beads". It looks like I could use up some of the beads that way. Has anyone tried it

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 198
on Jun 7, 2013 11:55 AM

Yes Kumihimo is a good way of using beads, though you might want to make sure you have good color mixes and consisten shapes/sizes of beads to be able to make the pattern.  We usually use about 2 14g tubes of 6/0 for Kumihimo or 3 14g tubes of long magatamas.  Not sure how much you would need for 8/0 etc.

- Allie & Nathan
Potomac Bead Company

www.potomacbeads.com
Buy Online: www.thebeadco.com 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 33
JanetWinslet wrote
on Jul 22, 2013 10:23 PM

How about making  some jewelry, like bracelets, necklaces ,rings or cup mat. And they may use many beads. U may have a try!!!

Cooperate with nbeads affiliate ,earn high commission!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS