Beaded bead - pattern maker / graph paper?

This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 189
trayck wrote
on May 18, 2013 11:25 PM

I have decided I want to make a smilie face beaded bead using size 11 beads using peyote stitch (bead size still to be decided) Smile

There are plenty of sites out there that have preworked out patterns  that tell you add X amount of colour Z bead for row 1 then X amount of colour J bead on row 2 etc, etc so it comes out like the beaded bead they have designed.

What I am trying to find is there graph paper or a pattern maker out there somewhere so you can plot out what colour bead you need to put where before you start.   If not how the heck do these people work out some of these intricate designs you see?

I've tried googling to find such a thing but as I've never done a beaded bead before I've probably been using the wrong search words  to find what I am after.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

T.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,290
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on May 19, 2013 7:10 AM

Here is a link where you will find free downloads for graph paper for all different shapes and sizes of beads. When you open the link you will see on the left a column outlined in a light blue. About 5 or so down you will see the word graph paper, just click on it and you will find many different ones. I recently looked though them and discovered that there are also some other things in this section, but the free graph paper is still there, just browse though the other stuff to find it. There are I believe about 7 or 8 pages there with them among other things. 

http://bead-patterns.com/

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 28
EmmaBaby123 wrote
on May 19, 2013 9:50 AM

Hi,

Try this website:

http://www.firemountaingems.com/encyclobeadia/beading_resources.asp?docid=9201

Emma x

For knotting techniques & tips & how to create macrame plant hangers, bracelets & necklaces, check out:  http://www.freemacramepatterns.net/

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 189
trayck wrote
on May 19, 2013 4:38 PM

Thank you ladies for your replies. On further thought, I think I really need something that will tell me

1.how many seed beads to start off with to cover a specific size bead. I am guessing that you would start off with a larger amount of beads in your circle if you were covering a 15mm bead instead of a 6mm.

2. How many beads to add each row to increase/decrease the beadwork in proportion to the size of the bead being covered. 

3, how may rows it will take to cover that bead so that the pattern can be planned out.

There's probably other things that need to be thought of that I don't know of as I haven't done this before.

Thanks,

T.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 189
trayck wrote
on May 20, 2013 4:54 AM

OK. I think I've got it worked out

I think what I need to do is work out how many beads it takes to go around the widest part of the bead then divide it by two (which will give me 1/2 a bead coverage

Then using the flat circular peyote graph, count out from the centre  that number of rows this should  then be the pattern for 1/2 the bead.  To do the other half I need to just reverse back to the centre.

Hopefully this will work. 

Once i have finished my latest project which might be a week or two,  I will give this a go and post my results. 

Thanks again SCB1 and EmmaBaby for your replies.

I think I just needed a little more time for my brain to tick over and work out what I was actually after.

T

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on May 23, 2013 4:14 AM

I want to make a smile face beaded bead too. It seems that this kinds of bead are not sold widely. It's even hard to find a teaching tutorial. Thanks for your sharing.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS