A FEW NEW PIECES

This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 440
Ricki Ayer wrote
on May 17, 2013 2:10 PM

I had a friend take a few pictures of some of my newer pieces to send along with an application for a craft show, so since I had the pix, I thought I would share them.

Sorry that you sort of have to stand on your head to see the necklaces - I wasn't sure how to turn the pix right-side-up.  Anyway - it's been forever since I tried to  post anything so thought I would give it a shot.

The first necklace / earrings are teal/gold fused glass beads with cathedral beads that matched so well it amazed me!  The second set is coral with pewter flowers and the 3rd set is large (12 or 15mm) pearls with bead caps.

Comments / critiques are welcome...thanks for looking.

Ricki

Ayer Baubles

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 149
Handcrafted wrote
on May 18, 2013 3:31 AM

I think that these are lovely and I am sure that you will do very well with your show.

A adore the pearl jewellery set with the necklace and matching earrings and I like the way you have added the pearl as a pendant on the necklace design that makes it more than just a string of pearls

Handmade jewellery designs found here

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on May 18, 2013 12:01 PM

I absolutely ADORE the teal set!  But then again, that's one of my best colors.Big Smile  They're all really quite beautiful.  The pearl set looks like something right out of Downton Abbey, and everybody knows how much I love that show, especially the jewelry!

Have a great time at your craft show!  I've started up on my wirewrap bezels again.  I  found a book on Kindle that gave me some great tips to save wear and tear on my fingers when I do bezelwork, and I must say it's worked out great!  I did a teardrop aventurine pendant in antique bronze. It turned out really pretty!  I'll post it soon.

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 440
Ricki Ayer wrote
on May 20, 2013 1:50 PM

Thanks Val, Handcrafted & Maxine - I appreciate the kind words.  I haven't heard back from the craft show that I sent those pictures to, so I am still hoping I get in that show.  I do have a craft show on 6/9, one on 6/22 and another on 6/30.  Then nothing (so far) until August.  So far I am confirmed for 9 shows this year and waiting to hear back on 3 more.  I always have an eye out for other craft shows in the area.  I think I did 15 or 16 last year, but I know at least 2 of those are not happening this year and a few others haven't put out any information for this year yet.    My husband thinks I am crazy doing the shows, but I really do enjoy them - especially if I can sell some pieces and make a little money - to buy more beads, of course!!

Ricki

Ayer Baubles

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on May 21, 2013 2:49 AM

You're quite welcome, Ricki!

And I recall what a circus it was for you last summer, with all your bead shows. Sorry to hear some of them have cut back.  Then again, there's no knowing how long this depression is going to last, and no one inside the Beltway seems to care about Joe and Jane Average........enough of that!  Just have a good time at all your shows this summer and hopefully your application will be approved soon.

I'm very excited!  I ran into a friend at a brunch after church on Sunday, and I had gifted her with a necklace a couple years ago.  She really loves my jewelry and has commissioned a necklace/earring set to give her son's girlfriend as a graduation gift.  How cool is that?  I like doing commissions because I have a bit more time to do them, and I have a chance to get really creative.  I'll post the pieces here before I send them out.  Now, to get sketching........

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS