really want to try bead embroidery

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 192
noelohwell wrote
on May 6, 2013 11:26 AM

i really want to try bead embroidery.  terrified, but really want to try.  can anyone point me in the right direction to find instructions for a complete newbie?

thanks!

Noel

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,527
D.M.Z wrote
on May 6, 2013 12:25 PM

Noel, I have three books in my library that I turn to when doing bead embroidery. The first one I bought was "Flatwork" by Nicole Campanella (Beadwright) and is thorough, and shows the stitches very clearly. It is written by Nicole who has been beading all her life and does the most amazing work. You have to get it through her web site, probably not in your library. If you do have a good sized library close by look for The Art of Bead Embroidery by Heidi Kummli and Sherry Serafini. It is the best of the commercially produced books and you get ideas and tips from both artists. The last one is the biggest Dimensional Bead Embroidery by Jamie Cloud Eakin. Donna

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,966
SEllen 2 wrote
on May 7, 2013 12:20 PM

Noel

I agree with Donna on her suggestions. I have several of the books that she suggested and they are all very good. If you're wanting some videos to look at I think Sherri Serifini does one for FMG in there how to section. Also check out Beads, Baubles & Jewels they have a few videos on the subject there.

Also check out some of the older threads on this forum. We had several fantastic bead embroidery artists that use to hang out here all the time. They got me hooked. A couple of the member names to look for would be NicholeT & Lody or just search bead embroidery. You should get lots of hits.

My 2 best suggestions would be: 1. Don't be terrified- just do it. It's only thread and beads. 2. Start with a smallish project. Just so you don't become overwhelmed.

When you get ready to start and need help or moral support just sing out. We're all here for ya.Big Smile

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS