how to cover a needle case

This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 5
elkapoor wrote
on Apr 21, 2013 10:31 AM

Hi, I'm a self taught bead weaver.  I've learned all my techniques from the net.  I really want to find instructions on how to cover a needle case with Peyote stitch. I'm not so interested in the pattern as I am the instructions. How do you cover the bottom of the case to keep it from falling off of the case? Any help is appreciated. poorich

Not Ranked
Posts 95
snybee wrote
on Apr 22, 2013 6:54 PM

Once you've beaded the around the case, you do circular peyote decreasing beads until the circle is closed. To decrease a bead, you do one bead across two spaces (hope this makes sense). Suzanne Cooper has instructions for really round peyote (but not free). You might also search for instructions on circular peyote. They have some instructions here on Beading Daily under Free Resources - Techniques, Tools and How-To Articles, but this is for starting from the inside and working out. Also, Black Giraffe Designs has several books with needlecase patterns and perhaps if you contacted them, they might be able to tell you how to do the circular peyote to finish off the top and bottom of the case.

Sandy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,290
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Apr 22, 2013 7:50 PM

Elkapoor, you may find what you are looking for on this site.  http://bead-patterns.com/

Hope this helps.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
elkapoor wrote
on Apr 23, 2013 1:33 AM

Thank you so much for your response.  Your explanation makes perfect sense.  I persevered & completed my first needle case last night. I will now try to cover the bottom using the decrease method.  I'm also tackling the cap as well.  Wish me luck.  Happy Beading!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 95
snybee wrote
on Apr 24, 2013 6:38 PM

Elkapoor, be sure to post a picture of your finished needle case -- we all love to see what everyone is working on. Also, for the top of your needle case, I did one several years ago and I used a couple of decorative beads to create a handle or finial on top (I think I used either a 4mm or 6mm Czech firepolish and a smaller round gold bead). Just to give you something to think about! :)

Sandy

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS