Challenge Anyone? Accepted

This post has 80 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote
on May 1, 2013 3:06 PM

Thanks bunches!  Been doing a lot of wirework lately.  I'm really starting to enjoy the different styles, not just bezelling!Smile

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 160
xXfantasyXx wrote
on May 1, 2013 5:13 PM

Sellen-

Hmm, I'll have to give it some thought.

Val-

Good to see you back!  I can't wait to see the tiara you've been working on:) I bet it's nice to finally be able to get back to beadingWink  I hope your health starts to improve.

~Grace~

Do your best & let God do the restSmile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote
on May 1, 2013 9:19 PM

HmmI'm happy to be back, Grace!  The doctors have told me I'm always going to be ill, it's just a matter of trying to keep the flare-ups from getting out of contol.  Looking forwar to heading out to VA in the morning.  I'll be knocking over my favorite LBS and get some goodies!  I'm hoping they still have some vintage marquises that I got last time I was there.  I knew I should've got more!Hmm

Mary's not going to be the only gypsy this summer.  Since the gas prices have eased up, my parents and I are discussing taking a trip to Memphis, to Dallas....maybe even to Canada!  Our terriers just looooooooove the camper!  We're planning on replacing the loft mattress so it'll be more comfortable sleeping up there.  Just thinking of all the new bead shops I could hit is making me giggle with avaricious delight!Cool

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,145
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on May 2, 2013 6:49 PM

Ok, I am in  a wee bit late. I would love to join the Challenge if its not to late?

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 517
tcwhit wrote
on May 2, 2013 7:55 PM

Oh yes, Mary please do! Way I see it, it'd never too late

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,966
SEllen 2 wrote
on May 2, 2013 8:21 PM

Gyspy Mary:

Ok, I am in  a wee bit late. I would love to join the Challenge if its not to late?

Of course you can join. This is a friendly challlenge all are welcome.

We'll be looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Have fun with your beads.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 36
yumemiru wrote
on May 4, 2013 6:31 PM

I'd really love to join this challenge! Unfortunately exam week has hit and I've got about fifty bajillion things I need to do...and then I'm going home for a week to see family and stuff. If I get the time, though, I'll definitely try to do something. ^.^

My Blog: http://anthologybeadgeek.blogspot.com/

My Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AnthologyBeadwork

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,966
SEllen 2 wrote
on May 5, 2013 10:37 AM

Yumemiru -

Thanks for being interested in our challenge if you get the time we'd love to see what you came up with. But, if you can't fit it in this time check back with us in June when we reveal this Challenge and maybe we will start a new one for August.

Good luck with your exams!

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,966
SEllen 2 wrote
on May 5, 2013 10:50 AM

The frustarations of glass beads...Angry

So, I'm working with a new stitch,for me, and I've finally gotten into a groove with this stitch and then...yep, a bead breaks in half. Now, it couldn't be in a place where I could back up and just rip it out. NOOOooo it had to be smack dab in the middle of an upper row. No way to save the rest of the work. Tongue Tied Now I've got to start over.

I've got a second variation of the stitch that doesn't have quite as many passes throught the beads. I guess I'll have to give that one a try. On the brighter side, now I can make those tweeks in design that I was wishing I would have known to do before.

I hope everyone else is getting along better with their beads mine just don't seem to want to play with me.Sad

Have  a great day.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 517
tcwhit wrote
on May 5, 2013 11:06 AM

Oh wow, I can get along with the beads ok. It's those vile jump rings that just refuse to go along. Perhaps I'll also be re-thinking this design. I'd like to maintain the integrity of my design choice, but I'd love to forsake the hateful jump rings. I've actually come up with a plan, going to give it a try. I've no clue if it will fly or not, yet.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,527
D.M.Z wrote
on May 5, 2013 12:40 PM

I started my first bouttoniere (I know it is spelled wrong....sigh) a couple of times and finally realized how small it was going to be and moved up to a larger bead which has the additional plus of making it easier. I am now sailing along. I have some bridesmaid bracelets half done (they are the same except for the embellishment). I told one of my best bead pals here in town about the challenge and her comment was "I wouldn't even think of you tackling wedding jewelry"...........yeppers, guess I am well known in my crowd. Well, I am off to bead..........whoo hoo. Donna

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,527
D.M.Z wrote
on May 5, 2013 12:42 PM

tcwhit:

Oh wow, I can get along with the beads ok. It's those vile jump rings that just refuse to go along. Perhaps I'll also be re-thinking this design. I'd like to maintain the integrity of my design choice, but I'd love to forsake the hateful jump rings. I've actually come up with a plan, going to give it a try. I've no clue if it will fly or not, yet.

TC, does this innovation involve duct tape at all? LOL. Donna

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 517
tcwhit wrote
on May 5, 2013 4:58 PM

*LOL*  No, D. No duct tape. I might have to search out the nail gun, though!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,145
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on May 5, 2013 10:16 PM

Thanks, I got the Bride's Earrings done, and the Head Piece done, now to figure out how to incorporate, Pearls and Crystals for the Neck, humm Looking for a Wow InspirationConfused

Meanwhile, if anyone finds my "Mind? send it home".Sleep

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 517
tcwhit wrote
on May 6, 2013 11:27 PM

wow you guys are literally putting together ensembles!?!? Bah-my bride is poor, so gets one piece and she better be happy with that.

Page 4 of 6 (81 items) « First ...  < Previous  2 3 4 5 6  Next > | RSS