Bangle Bracelet

This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 280
HDChiky wrote
on Apr 14, 2013 1:44 PM

Well, I haven't posted in a few days so I thought I would show you what I learned how to make at my LBS this weekend. It is a bangle bracelet, so you have to measure your wrist to get a fit. The turquoise colored one I made in class, the other two I came home and made. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,563
D.M.Z wrote
on Apr 14, 2013 1:50 PM

Just enough for the kiddos to try on as necklaces? Bangles have to be fairly big, but are they big enough for your gang? Anyway, I think the pattern is great as it is showy and allows for nice contrast or coordinating colors as you choose. I see a couple more in summery shades.......... Sweeeet. Donna

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 280
HDChiky wrote
on Apr 14, 2013 9:16 PM

Thanks Donna. Haven't tried them on the pups yet..but it is a thought. Yes, bangles are tricky. To me, once I get these over my hands (and I don't have great big hands) they seem a little big - they hang a little long. Probably the best would be with a clasp. These are done with Rondelles and yes some lighter colors for spring-summer would be nice. I will look and see if I have any lighter colors. I appreciate your comments  greatly! 

Lojuana

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 606
debbiela wrote
on Apr 16, 2013 8:26 AM

Nice bracelets !  I like the turquoise color one best. 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 270
KathyK1999 wrote
on Apr 16, 2013 9:02 AM

Very nice, I'm more attracted to the brown one on the right but the turquoise is pretty too.  And I agree that I like bracelets with clasps better than bangles.  There was a pattern in Bead&Button magazine called Honeycomb Bangle that I really liked, but I found instructions on their website (in the "ask Anna" column) that showed how to adapt it to use a clasp.  Note sure if it would work for this one, but the other pattern turned out well.

Kathy

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 149
Handcrafted wrote
on Apr 16, 2013 2:51 PM

These bracelets are very pretty and I like the colour combinations. I think that the turquoise one is my favourite but I think all these pieces of handcrafted jewellery are lovely. they look great all three together like this and the fashion is for lots of bangles to be worn stacked together.

Handmade jewellery designs found here

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS