Introduce my husband

This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 23
doodles312 wrote
on Apr 10, 2013 8:02 PM

I have been a member of this site for sometime but I thought it was time to introduce my husband.  Norm has recently taken up peyote beading.  He has started a site on etsy and is looking for feedback.  I didn't know if this was the proper venue for this.

Norm is enjoying his new passion after his retirement.  We are permanent RV'rs and travel mostly the Southwest and Northwest of the US.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,307
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Apr 10, 2013 8:33 PM

Welcome Norm to the site. I had to delete your link to your esty store. It is not allowed in the body of your post. However that said, you are allowed to put it in your signature line. Please put it in your signature line, and I will not have to delete it.

Thank you for your understanding, and cooperation.

Now down to the fun part of this site. Getting to interact with other members!

I love peyote, it is my all time favorite, go to stitch. When I need something that I need not think about, a peyote project is what I will start. I think I could actually do peyote in my sleep. In fact when I was first teaching myself the stitch, I just couldn't get the hang of it. Then one night about 3am the light bulb lite, and I sat straight up in bed and said, "that's it". I got up and for the next hour I did it. That was a couple of years before I retired, so I was real sleepy the next day at work, but I couldn't wait to get off work and get home to do more of it.

My hubby and I are also both retired, and although we don't live in an RV full time, it has been a dream of ours for several years. We go camping several times a year with a group of friends. The worst part is when we go at the end of October. Which wouldn't be bad if we didn't live in Michigan, that time of year you could be camping in a snow storm. We have one rule that the whole group abides by, we only go in the RV's if it is raining, or it is time to go to bed. So you can see why RVing at the end of October can be a little uncomfortable.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Not Ranked
Posts 23
doodles312 wrote
on Apr 10, 2013 8:48 PM

Thank you so much for the response.  Now the million dollar question........where do I edit my signature line?  And yes I completely understand no problem.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,524
D.M.Z wrote
on Apr 10, 2013 9:29 PM

doodles, and he does really NICE work, congrats Norm on finding not only something you like but that everyone else will too. When you guys get to the coast of Oregon, give a holler via the e-mail link on my page and maybe we can meet up. We live right across the street from, and in the middle of a National Forest that has a campground. We lived in our motorhome for 2-1/2 years with two big dogs and got along well with that arrangement.  Donna

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Apr 10, 2013 10:36 PM

doodles312:
where do I edit my signature line?
Click on 'edit your profile' (located above Search box); There are three tabs -- click on Site Options (middle tab), then go to Signature area and enter your information in the text box.  Note that mine is 'Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde' (where your information will appear).  Hope this helps.  Now ..... how do I get my husband beading? (lol)

Ottercat Coffee

04-10-13 (2035 PDT)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Not Ranked
Posts 23
doodles312 wrote
on Apr 11, 2013 11:04 AM

Donna it was a total accident.  I went in to a small bead shop just to pick up something husband was with me, they were in the middle of a class of peyote.  When we walked out of the store and on our way to lunch he said"ya know I think I would like to try that".  To be honest I almost choked.  I didn't want to discourage him in any way.  H went back on a day the store was having a class, took one class and the rest is history as they say.  That was four years ago.  And to be honest it really is a passion for him.  I don't remember anything he has ever enjoyed doing this much other than gardening.  We have been married 42 years he is 73 years old and I never knew how creative he was.  

Yep raving is more fun than I could ever imagine.  This is our sixth year.  Right now we are in southern Arizona for the summer.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,524
D.M.Z wrote
on Apr 11, 2013 11:31 AM

UM......southern AZ for the summer, isn't that sort of the opposite. I was transferred to Phoenix and then Guy and I built a solar passive home in Oracle, 4500' elevation on the north side of the Catalinas. I drove into Tucson every day to work and it got seriously hot there. Sounds like we are sorta the same age group. I have a friend in town, her hubby decided to learn how to make jewelry so they had a hobby in common, now she is sort of away from it but he continues, I think it is relaxing for him and a big change from his day to day work.  Donna

Not Ranked
Posts 23
doodles312 wrote
on Apr 11, 2013 11:47 AM

Actually go a bit further south in Tombstone which is  4500 feet elevation.  So about 15-20 degrees cooler than Tucson  only go to Tucson for Costco and trader joes ;)

Not Ranked
Posts 13
OusleyStudio wrote
on Apr 12, 2013 10:38 AM

Great story about your husband getting started. Right place right time. I need to head to Arizona with my paints. The farthest west I have been is Memphis TN

Chris

http://www.chrisousleystudio.com/

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS