need a pattern for lentil bead, cube bead

This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 190
noelohwell wrote
on Apr 4, 2013 1:36 PM

i went to my local bead store the other day and I found some beautiful lentil beads.  and then I found some beautiful MATCHING cube beads.  and then I found some MATCHING delicas!  I'm doomed.  I bought them all.  BUT WHAT DO I DO WITH THEM?  I know nothing about lentil beads.  i don't know how to incorporate them.  i tried searching the web for "lentil beads" and "cube" and didn't really find anything.

any ideas?  thanks!

Noel

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 185
trayck wrote
on Apr 5, 2013 4:03 AM

Hi Noel,

I've never heard of lentil beads before so I had to do a google to see what they are and  want some now too. I did notice that my search came up with a few varitons on how the holes are drilled in them so would be interesting to experiment with.

What size are the lentils & what size are the cubes? Can you post a photo or two?

Maybe you could do a necklace featuring the lentils and delicas  with a cube here or there and then a matching braclet out of the cubes with a lenti or two to tie the two pieces together

What if you just try googling images for 'lentil beads'. You might come across a few designs that you like and can substitue the cubes for other shaped beads on it.

I sometimes drag out all my assorted beads out and spend hours playing with them on my bead board with the beads I want to feature and string them on a scrap bit of wire till I stumble across something pleasing. If nothing works pop them aside and you never know when you'll spot something on a trip to the bead shop that will fit perfectly with them.

Or perhaps send them to me to design something for you Wink

Tracey

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 190
noelohwell wrote
on Apr 5, 2013 1:08 PM

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,482
D.M.Z wrote
on Apr 5, 2013 1:14 PM

Noel, do a google for Carol Perrenoud Lentil bead brooch............ I know she did a faboo pin and maybe earring pattern for one of the two big bead mags (US) and I loved it dearly and always wanted to make it up. The lentils stand up in rows that form zig zags.........

Your beads would have had me hauling out my money too............great colors. I probably would have passed on the cubes because I still have almost all the cubes I bought years ago. Somehow I just haven't been attracted to them in designs.  Donna

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 190
noelohwell wrote
on Apr 5, 2013 1:17 PM

I really like using the cubes in an offset herringbone stitch.  I think the look is so neat!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 190
noelohwell wrote
on Apr 5, 2013 1:39 PM

trayck you sound so artistic!  I have not yet tried to design anything myself.  so far nothing more than following patterns.  ;)

Noel

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 190
noelohwell wrote
on Apr 5, 2013 1:41 PM

and I found the pattern you were talking about DMZ!  Printing it now!

thanks!

Noel

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 185
trayck wrote
on Apr 5, 2013 7:42 PM

noelohwell:

trayck you sound so artistic!  I have not yet tried to design anything myself.  so far nothing more than following patterns.  ;)

Noel

Most of the designs I do are fairly basic stringing with some extra detail sometimes, so I take my hat off to you doing the bracelets and stuff with all the different patterns and stitches.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS