Hello from Manawatu, New Zealand!

This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Alisonbm wrote
on Mar 24, 2013 3:23 PM

Hi there all the way from drought stricken New Zealand.

I have loved jewellery all my life and periodically dabbled in making it, being a great collector of beads etc since I was a teenager. Way back then I remember making chokers with velvet ribbon and a fancy button, and stringing seed beads for miles to make "love beads"necklaces and bracelets. Forward 40 years and I have made pendants out of this and that, made a few necklaces for myself, and made the necklaces and bracelets for my daughters bridesmaids 2 years ago. I also made the corsages for myself and the mother of the groom adding in wired crystals.

I have been going through a bit of a tough time lately and not been doing much of anything. On Pinterest one day recently I saw some nice beaded items and it got me to thinking that maybe I could get more into my beading and jewellery making and yesterday I made my first Tree of Life pendant, and even though its not perfect I love it to bits. My niece saw it while I was making it and asked if I could make a couple of items for a couple of little girls that she buys for their birthdays, ages 4 & 6. I have no idea what to make and also no idea how to charge, so 2 questions:

Any idea what I could make for the two girls? and how do I calculate how much to charge for items?

Glad to be here and thanks in advance,

Alison

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Mar 26, 2013 6:19 AM

Hello and welcome. I sure hope your water problems get sorted out soon.

Little kids and beads: Not a great mix. I have found that one of the little girls in our family she is 5 years old) loves a beaded amulet bag I made. She wears it as a necklace whenever her mother allows it. There is no fringe on it, and it's on a chain, not a beaded cord.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS