how heavy is too heavy?

This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 172
on Mar 24, 2013 8:32 AM

I bought a pair of bamboo jasper drops for a pair of earrings.  To feel them, they seem awfully heavy.   So I weighed them.  They are 7  grams each....about 1/4 ounce.  is that too heavy for earrings?  I don't have pierced ears, so I have no idea what would stress an earlobe.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,336
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Mar 24, 2013 9:15 AM

That is very hard to say. Some people love heavy earrings, while others don't. I would go ahead and make them, then let the customer decide it they like the weight of them. If they don't sell after a period of time, you could always make pendents out of them.,

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 172
on Mar 24, 2013 9:51 AM

I'm not a seller....just someone who annoys, and sometimes delights, friends and family  :)  I just don't want to add torture to the listWink

Not Ranked
Posts 26
on Mar 28, 2013 2:57 PM

My opinion - if they feel heavy to hold they will be heavy on the ear. 

Margaret 

Michaela Jewelry by Design

http://www.michaelajewelry.com

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 33
Summer152 wrote
on Apr 13, 2013 2:41 AM

It depends on your feeling. If you think it's ok, you can wear it.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 28
EmmaBaby123 wrote
on Apr 13, 2013 8:24 AM

If you feel heavy to you in your hands, then the chances are they'll feel heavy to you on your earlobes!

I make macrame things like necklace, bracelets & earrings & I always try to experiment with different types of beads to find out which ones look good as well as feel comfortable to wear..

Maybe you can try an alternative to bamboo jasper beads that looks just as good but is perhaps lighter? I recently made a bracelet with some emerald jade beads which looked stunning!  As i look at it, i think it would look amazing on earrings as well!

Emma

For knotting techniques & tips & how to create macrame plant hangers, bracelets & necklaces, check out:  http://www.freemacramepatterns.net/

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 172
on Apr 13, 2013 8:44 AM

I guess I will have 3 necklace pendants Embarrassed

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS