Return and Refund of jewelleries

This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 5
StyleToniq wrote
on Mar 21, 2013 9:29 AM

In the business of selling jewelleries (fashion jewelleries) which are inexpensive on internet, is it a viable idea to provide warranty, return and refund policy to the buyers incase they don't like it or are found unhappy with it? I understand in case of physical damage to the product (when proved by sending a picture within an hour of receiving the product) refund or return or exchange makes sense to the buyer; but incase the buyer simply doesnt like after receiving the product is it a good idea to provide the return / refund policy to them? Or is it better to credit that point in buyer's account for future purchase of same value or offering another product in the place of the earlier returned one? Please suggest, what's the ground rule?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 567
Beadiecat wrote
on Mar 21, 2013 6:34 PM

That's really a policy that would be up to each individual seller. As for myself, I would never want someone to be unhappy with their purchase, so I would allow a return for either exchange or credit, within a reasonable length of time.

If you are selling online, you should have a policy page. That way the customer can see what your policies are for these situations before they make their purchase.

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Not Ranked
Posts 5
StyleToniq wrote
on Mar 24, 2013 11:51 PM

I agree with you. A dissatisfied customer is gone forever, besides spreading poor word of mouth publicity for your brand to her peer group. Thank you so much for your suggestion. Yes, a policy page can keep things clear for both the parties.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Mar 28, 2013 2:56 AM

Hi Style Toniq, provide the return / refund policy to the customer is a part of the service, in my point of view it is necessary! The most famous e-commence website in China is Taobao.com. It has rules to provide return/refund service in order to protect the buyers benefits as well as provide the great service... That works a lot to keep the buying and selling activity going smooth... and for different customers thought you can provide different service you have in mind... 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 446
megabgirl wrote
on Apr 2, 2013 3:11 PM

I fan item arrives broken or goes missing on its way in the mail - I refund or replace immediately.

However, if the buyer simply changes her mind, I do offer refunds or store credit, but the buyer has to pay the shipping to have the item returned to me first within a specified amount of time.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS