CRAW help - Increasing on curves

This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Mar 18, 2013 7:24 PM

Hey all.

I have done a raw bezel around a stone and what I am trying to do it attach a CRAW rope that goes the majority of the way around the stone making like a tear drop at the top of the stone and then braching out around the neck (see dodgy sketch, as I apparently don't know English today..)

Obviously, the rope attaching to the round bezel is not going to be centred and I will have to do some increases to make it fit.

They did some instructions for something similar in the October 2011 B&B magazine, but I could not for the life of me figure out their instructions!

Basically, I want to know if there is someone out there who can give me a simplified explanation (if one exists) on how to do this.. I got lost in the instructions when they started marking little Vs on the diagrams..

Thanks
Emma
xXx

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 565
Beadiecat wrote
on Mar 19, 2013 8:48 AM

I've seen it done where someone made a peyote tube on each side of the bezel and zipped it closed around the rope.

Otherwise, the only way I can think of is just to stitch back and forth between the bezel and the rope.

Cat

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Mar 20, 2013 8:41 PM

Thanks Cat.

I think I have it figured out.. I had to sit down on the couch with no music/tv to distract me, and REALLY concentrate on what the magazine was trying to explain to me.. I thought I had to incorporate the rope onto the bezel, but it looks like I stitch them seperately and then weave them together.

Emma
xXx

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS