Adding a clasp to tubular netting

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Mittymoo wrote
on Mar 13, 2013 12:04 AM

I am stuck! I have made a piece of tubular netting with pearls, and was going to use it as a necklace. Unfortunately, I ran out of the gold seed beads I was using and have been unable to get anymore so have finished off the piece, at about 10" in length.

I want to add some chain to either end and remember reading somewhere that you could thread a piece of tiger tail through the centre of the tube and attach the chain to that. Is this practical?? If it is, how would I do it? Have been looking for a Youtube clip that might help .........

The majority of the piece is in 6mm pearls and 11/0 seedies, with a couple of rows of 4mm pearls and 11/0 seedies on either end. It is quite heavy.

Many thanks in advance from a novice beader!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,218
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Mar 13, 2013 8:18 AM

Mittymoo,

First, welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy your time with us. 

Here is a article that may help you with your problem. I would follow these directions, but instead of putting the clasp on at this point, I would put the chain on. Hope this helps you. 

Have fun!

http://cs.jewelrymakingmagazines.com/BAJCS/themes/blogs/ask%20anna/post.aspx?WeblogApp=askanna&y=2009&m=08&d=01&PostName=how-do-you-attach-a-clasp-to-a-crocheted-rope

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Mittymoo wrote
on Mar 13, 2013 2:38 PM

Thank you, Sue!! I shall try that out and see how it goes on my piece!

Actually I have been a member for a LONG time - just never had a problem before!!!!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS