Netted bracelet

This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Mar 10, 2013 12:41 AM

I've been lurking on the forums for months waiting for inspiration to bead more again.  (I haven't completed a project in about 9 months) Yesterday I finally picked up a needle and thread.  Here's the result:

This was based on a project in Sonoko Nozue's Beadweaving Master Class book.  It has turned out way too pink and matte for my liking so I'll be ripping it up and using more purple and less matte seed beads with the crystals.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,503
D.M.Z wrote
on Mar 10, 2013 12:55 AM

It has a nice appearance to it, but it would be a bit too pink for me also. That is the good thing about beading, don't like it, snip, snip and you recycle the beads into something better. Donna

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 149
Handcrafted wrote
on Mar 10, 2013 9:18 AM

It is a lovely bracelet and maybe yes it is a little bit to pink (I am not a pink girl) but the fault lies with the beads and not the designer.

I like the design of this bracelet and the mix of mat and shiny beads that you have used in the jewellery design. 

I like the design, and it is very well made but just as a personal choice and I am sure that there are many ladies out there that will throw there hands up in horror at what I have just said and they will love this lovely pink jewellery design.

Handmade jewellery designs found here

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 281
noodlebead wrote
on Mar 11, 2013 2:31 AM

oh beautifull colors.....in France ,all the girl like this at this time .

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Mar 11, 2013 12:18 PM

@Donna, @Handcrafted, @noodlebead:

Thank you for your kind words!

As I mentioned in the OP, I ripped up the pink bracelet and here is the redo:

It's still an incredibly loud and bright bracelet, but its purple  and narrower now which is what I was actually after :)

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 280
HDChiky wrote
on Mar 11, 2013 1:56 PM

Very pretty, I like the thinner size too.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,503
D.M.Z wrote
on Mar 11, 2013 3:41 PM

Yum, purpler AND thinner............winner!!! Donna

Not Ranked
Posts 1
judys jewels wrote
on Mar 11, 2013 4:55 PM

It is totally gorgeous, you did a fantasic job.Wink

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Mar 13, 2013 9:28 PM

@HDChiky, Donna, judy's jewels:

Thanks again for the compliments!  I've been wearing the purple redo since I posted the picture, I love it!  Working hard to personify 'the old lady in purple'!

I've made 3 more bracelets since this but run into a clasp shortage so I'll be posting more in a few days when my supplies show up!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 523
on Mar 15, 2013 3:14 PM

Personally, I like both versions and would have worn that pinker than pink one in a heartbeat, Which is really strange because I don't like pink clothes. the closest to pink i'll wear is a bright coral shade. :)

http://creativeeclectica.blogspot.com

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 190
noelohwell wrote
on Apr 8, 2013 1:26 PM

Loooooove the redo!  awesome!

Noel

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS