How can I get more light in my bead room?

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 178
carolee1945 wrote
on Mar 5, 2013 1:17 PM

My eyes are not young anymore. I really need more overall light in my bead room.  I have task lights at my bead table, but I recently got some new lights in my kitchen, and the overall difference it makes is incredible.  Any suggestions for ceiling lights that would put out a good amount of light?  I am tired of taking trays of beads over to the window to try to see the subtle color distinctions.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 564
shanks wrote
on Mar 5, 2013 3:48 PM

Put up some high intensity track lighting. They are easy to install.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
D.M.Z wrote
on Mar 5, 2013 3:56 PM

My bead room has a very white white, but matte paint job which I did about two years ago, it makes a lot of difference. I wanted it so that light wouldn't distort colors, but it also seems to multiply the light. Also, I have two OTT lights and one OTT floor lamp, in addition two smaller ceiling lights which don't really contribute anything, and two table lamps. One is a old fashioned desk lamp with a flouresent bulb and the other is an odd arm lamp with a frosted glass shade. I turn on combinations depending on what I am doing, but mostly the lights on or near my bead work area, which are the OTT lamps. One more addition that I have is a very high intensity LED flashlight, which is the ultimate "bead in the carpet finder" it is killer and I paid too much for it, but anytime I need it I fall in love with it again. My hubby said that anytime I wanted to make another change, he'd install a four tube flourescent fixture and that would light up the whole room. 

I guess it depends on what you want, how much you want to spend, etc., but overall, my moveable OTT lamps are my biggest help in lighting up my work area. Donna

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS