Heavy Metal Beads

This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 5
moosiemoose wrote
on Mar 5, 2013 2:08 AM

Hi I am based in the UK and just wonder does anyone on here know anything about the heavy metal seed beads . I believe that they are manufactured in the USA  but all my google searches have drawn a blank  .  I am wanting them for a project but because of import taxes etc  I am probably looking for a wholesale supplier  who is willing to ship internationally .

Thanks in advance

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 582
Beadiecat wrote
on Mar 5, 2013 9:39 AM

The original supplier of the "Heavy Metal" seed beads has sold that brand to The Bead Parlor.  They are in the US, so you will have to contact them about overseas shipping, but they do sell wholesale for quantities over 1/4 kilo.

If you don't need that exact brand, I know that both Miyuki and Toho have a line of Permanent Finish seed beads which can be found at many stores in the UK.  Just do a Google search for them.

Just ask if you need more help.

Cat

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Not Ranked
Posts 5
moosiemoose wrote
on Mar 5, 2013 10:31 AM

Thanks for that , Ive already got prices from The Bead Parlour , but after our taxes have been added they are prohibitively expensive . I was under the impression that maybe The Beadsmith Company had something similar , I emailed various wholesalers but none of them have responded .  Short of robbing a bank and flying over with a suitcase Im a little bit at a loss .

Not Ranked
Posts 5
disimmie wrote
on Sep 19, 2013 7:27 PM

Hi Moosiemoose!

This is Diane from The Bead Parlor.  We still sell our beads online, mainly at our Etsy store: BeadParlorBeads - http://www.etsy.com/shop/BeadParlorBeads.  I just happened upon this link, so you may have already discovered that The Beadsmith (Helby Imports) carries metal seed beads now!  They only sell to retailers though, so I'm not sure that helps you out.  If that doesn't work out, we do offer significant discounts for bulk purchases of at least 1/4 kilo which might help make it worth the extra shipping expense!  Hope this info helps you out :)

Diane Faulk 

The Bead Parlor

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 150
mosshollow1 wrote
on Sep 20, 2013 2:37 PM

The Crystal Phoenix in the UK is a BeadSmith distributor.  Ask and they can get them for you.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,328
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Sep 21, 2013 8:28 PM

Diane, although Moosiemoose asked about a certain bead, it is against the rules to promote your store or site here. If you want to let someone know that you have the item they are looking for, please do so by private message. You can send the person a private message by first clicking on their name, than under their avatar you will see where you can send them a private e-mail. Please use this method in the future. Thanks for your understanding.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS