First time used KO Thread!

This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 276
HDChiky wrote
on Feb 28, 2013 10:11 AM

Hey, last night I made a pair of earrings, RAW (yeah me!) and I used some new thread I had purchased - KO Thread.  Some of the major bead weavers in our Bead Society highly recommend this type thread so I thought I would buy me a few spools and give it a try. Guess what I REALLY liked the way it worked with my beads! and I am a big user of Fireline. Now, mind you, this was a small project (though it was an advanced pattern) and I don't know how I would like it in a bigger project.  Guess I will have to wait and see.  Anyone else like the KO Thread.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Feb 28, 2013 10:39 PM

haven't used it. love the sono from fmg, hate nymo, like fireline, like wildfire for stiffer stuff, and sometimes wire.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,468
D.M.Z wrote
on Mar 1, 2013 1:07 AM

I bought a spool of One G on someone's recommendation and still have not used it. I look at that tiny spool (actually a bobbin) and just marvel at the price I paid.........and there it sits, like an elephant in the room. I must admit I go through a lot of Fireline as I only buy the 300 yard spools, and the big spools of Nymo D.............so when I look at the dinky bobbin of One G, I guess I am intimidated. What if I get half way through the project and decide I need to make a drastic change? Then I am cutting up a lot of expensive thread..............LOL. Can you believe I am so paralyzed about this thread? Maybe I'll just grit my teeth and buy a bobbin of KO and one of Sono and treat them as an experiment and use them all like for individual components of a larger piece. Nervous Nelly Donna.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS