Woven copper bracelet

This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 544
shanks wrote
on Feb 26, 2013 11:36 AM

Just finished this yesterday for a customer. Something new I tried for weaving copper wire.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,830
Valbeads wrote
on Feb 26, 2013 8:51 PM

That is so cool!  You can make your own chain!

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 276
HDChiky wrote
on Feb 26, 2013 10:39 PM

Hey that is pretty, I love copper stuff...

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Feb 26, 2013 11:24 PM

Just like Chiky, I love copper bracelets, too. I wear them a lot even though my skin always turns green from them.................. Can't stop wearing them, though! Love your chain.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,472
D.M.Z wrote
on Feb 27, 2013 12:08 AM

I am also a fan of copper, even before it was used much and got popular. I have copper bracelets, some vintage cuffs that are wiiiiide. The manufactured ones have a coating on the insides that kept the ladies from turning green. 

With newer stuff you might try that skin stuff, maybe the name is "........... Glove" and it is made to protect sensitive skin from just such things as metal. Sorry, right this instant I am not coming up with the right name, maybe instant glove? Or for other copper bracelets, a light spray of Krylon clear might do it unless you are sensitive to that.  

Shanks, don't know how long it took you, but looks like a lot of work, hope your customer is delighted with it. Donna

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 149
Handcrafted wrote
on Feb 28, 2013 6:35 AM

Well done this is lovely.

I do like the use of copper in the making of jewellery as it is such a warm colour and it looks great on its own and it compliments many colours and semi-precious stones beautifully. 

This piece of jewellery looks very professional.

Julie 

Handmade jewellery designs found here

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 544
shanks wrote
on Feb 28, 2013 11:04 AM

Thank you all for your kind words. I am working on a different weave right now using silver plated copper, 26ga. Hope it comes out as well as the last one.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Mar 2, 2013 4:24 AM

Weaving copper, it is a little wild!! But I love items made with metallic luster! Thanks for the share!! 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS