New to this - recommend online bead and charm stores

This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 7
CrayonJungle wrote
on Feb 21, 2013 9:19 PM

I am relatively new to beading. Right now I'm pretty much using colored glass beads and the basic charms that I can find and really like. Most of them are either plastic (cute that kids really like) or metal (but not sterling silver). 

I want to order some charms especially, but beads as well, and I was looking at stores on Etsy. But after seeing another thread here about how a lot of stores may say beads are a certain material but are lying about it I am nervous. 

So do you have an online store or supplier that you have used and really trust? Especially Etsy stores (I have one and so I like to buy from fellow Etsy stores if I can). 

Also are glass beads sought after? Or is there another type of "in" bead right now? Like I said, I'm new to this and I'm sure you can tell. LOL 

Any tips would be great. TIA!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 45
on Feb 22, 2013 7:11 AM

In czech pressed glass beads there are new shapes and colors  being made now as well as the old favorites, glass leaves, flowers, drops, daggers, buttons, ladybugs, spikes and lentils...the list goes on. In lampwork glass each bead is handmade and individual.

If you are buying from etsy, you may be paying more to cover the fees whereas from an established website there is a lower cost to the seller. I suggest looking up websites from the ads in the bead magazines as well as taking suggestions from people you trust.

Yard sales are good and second hand shops too if you want some fun pieces to take apart.

Have fun hunting!

Laurie

Not Ranked
Posts 7
CrayonJungle wrote
on Feb 22, 2013 3:48 PM

Thank you, I appreciate your suggestions very much!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Shelley@53 wrote
on Feb 22, 2013 11:03 PM

Try http://www.landofodds.com   I've bought from their online plus their physical location in Nashville.  Very knowledgable plus a great selection of beads, supplies and equipment.  

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS