Advertising in the Readers Galleries, Moderators can not delete them. Management has not.

This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Feb 13, 2013 9:31 PM

Just to let you folks know, Moderators don't have the "Power to delete Advertising in the Readers Galleries".

Thanks to all of you who sent a Personal Email to let me know about the Advertising in the Readers Galleries.

Sue has sent an Email to Jen and they have not been removed.  The Upper Management has been Notified.

SorryCrying So please send Emails to Jen about the abuse in the Readers Galleries

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,296
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Feb 14, 2013 8:28 AM

As Mary says, we are powerless in this area. If we could, believe me they would have already been removed and repeaters would be banned. 

You have to rise to a higher power. Confused

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Feb 14, 2013 6:47 PM

Hi Mary, glad you're back!, I missed you! 

I've sent emails to Jennifer as well. last week, about 'illegal' tutorials. To no avail so far. I give up, I've done my part and I'm not going to stick out my neck again like with last time the big spam incident.. It only brings grief.

Greetings from Karin.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,296
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Feb 14, 2013 8:16 PM

It is really out of our control. We can only hope that someone higher up is able to get the galleries cleaned up of the spam. I bet there are at least 15 - 20 pages in all that are spam, maybe more. There is a lot. I went back 80 some pages and was still opening spam posts in the Gallery.

Jennifer if you are reading this, if you can give me the magic wand, I will have this cleaned up with a couple of days work.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Feb 15, 2013 4:19 AM

Welcome back, Mary.

Sue, Mary:  I thought that active links (blue characters) were a 'no-no'?  I've noticed some that are just words, not an address, within the body of the post.  If so, gentle -- some people may have forgotten, and usually are helping someone with a question.  There may be some confusion about this, especially if following the example of someone who is a well known artist.  Just asking for clarification.  Thanks for moderating; hope Jennifer gives you that extra bit of 'power' -- will sure help.

Ottercat Coffee

02-15-13 (0217 PST)

Just back from the Readers Photo Gallery -- this is getting out of hand again.  Would behoove the PTB to get on it quick; before the comments start.  If they're (members disregarding the rules) are hurting for customers that badly, contact Interweave to advertise in the proper place ($$, but nothing's free).

Ottercat Coffee

02-15-13 (0236 PST)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,296
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Feb 15, 2013 7:02 AM

Ottercat

In this case, most of the blue characters directly under the pictures, are just tags, they don't take you anywhere off the site. However where the offense comes in the description, where they have directed you to a web page off the the site. This doesn't even have to be hyper linked (blue) if it tell you they are selling it, or just say it is available at their web site, and that is advertising, and allowed anywhere on this site. Some are tricky and say see it here, (the ' here'  is hyper linked) or even just the available (which is also hyper linked) and it takes you to their sales site. No matter how you phase it advertising for their profit is still not allowed. If you want to advertise on Beading Daily, then man up and pay for it. I am sure Beading Daily will be glad to take some advertising dollars. 

Unfortunately, some people just think they are above rules, and do as they please. For these few the only thing they understand is being banned from the site. In most cases, they are not active members, they add nothing to the community of beaders, they are only her to do their advertising and be gone. So I say make them gone forever. It isn't as though they don't understand the rules, it's just they can get away with breaking them, and they know it. No one is moderating this area of the site, and they seem to know it. Someone needs to step-up and take care of this area of the forum to rid us of these parasite. They are only here to feed off the site, they don't add a thing to it.

Enough said. ( stepping off my soapbox).Zip it!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 569
Beadiecat wrote
on Feb 18, 2013 11:59 AM

Last time, as soon as I posted a complaint on their Facebook page the spam was gone in two days.  Shall I try that again?

Cat

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,296
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Feb 18, 2013 1:12 PM

yes, of course, if it does the trick I am all for it. 

Jennifer just needs to give me the power, and those offenders will disappear in the wink of an eye. 

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS