My loomed bracelets

This post has 26 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,523
D.M.Z wrote
on Jun 25, 2013 1:03 PM

Blueelephantart............. I am a loomer and I do big pictures. I just love your loomed bracelets, they make me want to get out one of my small looms and pull out my big beads. Erin is a great promoter of looming, and I'm glad you are getting encouragement you deserve. My fave out of the whole group is the green and clear with the red flowers ..... I made a special request bracelet for a relative in that same color scheme, but used RAW and applied the red flowers and made a "trail" of leaves and stems that connected them all, so overall very similar to yours. Loverly one and all. Donna

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 158
on Jun 26, 2013 1:26 AM

Thankyou!

Cos mine are big beads, they don't take as long as one done in little beads. Mine are depending if i have interruptions, usually around 1-2 hours per bracelet. Depending on how I want to hide the warp strings or add a second layer.

Also, when i add another layer, i don't know how else to describe or call it, I stick to colours that are already part of the piece, so it don't clash in some odd way!

Just want to add that I don't hate #11s, in case anyone is wondering! I do use them, if its not a major part of the bracelet, but like in additional decorations, making beaded balls etc. Its probably all comes to practice, but I haven't got patience with the tiny beads. I do three or four rows before I rip it all out and start over in big beads! And that my eyesight is not so good, but I still want to loom because its fun and relaxing, I use the big sized beads.

Except for the one I did recently because of an idea I had from a pattern somebody designed, which was all in #11s... Oh man it took months... MONTHS!!! Can't wait to get back to using #8s again!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 158
on Jun 26, 2013 1:44 AM

Here's the one I mentioned... All in #11s...Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Jun 26, 2013 2:46 AM

so amazing. I want to know how to do it. I want to make one for my friend

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 43
Cari Baker wrote
on Jun 26, 2013 2:12 PM

Well… my hat is off to you! Smile You create some beautiful designs. May I pin your bracelets to Pinit? 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 158
on Jun 27, 2013 3:05 AM

Sure, as long as you credit me as the original designer.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 85
on Jun 29, 2013 7:48 PM

Your loomwork is lovely!  Just a word about BeadTool 4... I love it! I have used many different bead design computer programs through the years, and this one is by far the best.  It is intuitive, user friendly, and the designer/author responds quickly by email to any question I might have.  He upgrades it from time to time and has easy to follow videos on his website.  I'm just sayin'...  

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 158
on Jul 2, 2013 10:50 PM

That's cool! But my work is more free form, I don't follow patterns. Except when its a new technique, then i follow the pattern so i can learn how to make it. 

The day that BeadTool4 or future versions, include a complete list of Toho and Matsuno colors, is the day I'll start pattern making with it! Big Smile

I hope I don't sound like a know it all. When it comes to crafts, I get really excited, even to talk about it through the internet! What I know, comes from trying it out myself and seeing what works for me. I try to keep an open mind regarding other people's techniques and so forth.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 85
on Jul 3, 2013 12:59 AM

So nice to get a reply.  This Bead program is for designing your own patterns, and has all the Delica colors and seed bead colors and numbers  (brand?? I do not remember right now), and  I totally understand about the love of freeform.  I make totally encrusted freeform dolls that take anywhere from 80 to 260 hours each.  They define themselves as they go along.  Sometimes, though, I want to create an image to peyote, brick, loom, or whatever with a pattern to use my "organized" brain. There is another kind of satisfaction I get from this type of beading that I do not get from my dolls or my jewelry making.  There are just so many options!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 85
on Jul 3, 2013 12:59 AM

So nice to get a reply.  This Bead program is for designing your own patterns, and has all the Delica colors and seed bead colors and numbers  (brand?? I do not remember right now), and  I totally understand about the love of freeform.  I make totally encrusted freeform dolls that take anywhere from 80 to 260 hours each.  They define themselves as they go along.  Sometimes, though, I want to create an image to peyote, brick, loom, or whatever with a pattern to use my "organized" brain. There is another kind of satisfaction I get from this type of beading that I do not get from my dolls or my jewelry making.  There are just so many options!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 158
on Jul 3, 2013 8:17 PM

Where is the link please?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 85
on Jul 10, 2013 2:47 PM

Hello!  Sorry it took so long to answer.  I haven't been on my computer due to influx of grandkids.  Whew!

I just went into my own BeadTool program and there was an update!  The designer just keeps making it better.  Here is what to type in to get to the main page:

BeadTool.net

Once you get there you can cruise around and see the different aspects of the program.  You can also watch the videos and see if you like the interplay.

Have fun!!!!! 

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS