New York City bead shops

This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Feb 12, 2013 2:47 PM

Hey all!

I'm so excited! - I'm going to be going on my very first overseas holiday in September to New York and was wondering if anybody knew where the good bead shops are.

I am a beadweaver, so shops that sell excessive amounts of seed beads is a big plus Wink

Thanks in advance!
Emma
xXx

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,959
SEllen 2 wrote
on Feb 13, 2013 7:28 PM

Hi Emma

I can't really help with bead shops out there. But I did find this site on the B&B site that maybe of some help.

BeadShopFinder.com it's suppose to help you locate bead shops by area.

I hope you have a great time on your holiday and that you find lots of sparklies. And PLEASE feel free to show us all the sparklies when you get back.

Good Luck

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Feb 14, 2013 3:07 AM

Thanks Sue Ellen! That is a really helpful site. I need to get a map of New York and mark all the shops. haha! Thanks again

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,041
Editor
on Feb 14, 2013 6:43 AM

I don't know my way around the city terribly well, but here's what you do: go to Penn Station. Come out on W 33rd Street, and start walking towards W 34th Street. All along W 34th Street, particularly between 6th and 7th Avenues, you'll find LOADS of bead shops, including York Beads, City Beads, the Toho Store, and more! Lots of gemstone bead stores, lots of funky vintage stores... I believe CJS (an awesome hunt-for-your-own-vintage-bead-treasure kinda store) is in that neighborhood, too! Have fun!

"Yesterday is history.  Tomorrow is a mystery.  But today is a gift.  That's why it is called the present." -Kung Fu Panda

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS