Romanti-goth and other flat spiral jewelry (pic heavy)

This post has 13 Replies | 3 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on Feb 11, 2013 4:00 PM

Flat spiral necklace in black with hematite-colored glass spikes. This is my Romantigoth style flat spiral.

Flat spiral bracelet in Czech glass and Swarovski. I'm not sure how much it shows up in the picture, but it's a gradation of icy pastels--blue in the center, lavender seed beads and pink crystal.

Again in bright red and hot pink. My mother told me as a little girl that red and pink clashed, but color theory and I disagree!

These silver glass rounds were a gift. At first I wasn't sure what I'd do with them, but then I dug out the vitrail Swarovskis and knew I had a winner. The black seed beads make a lovely frame for the center beads and the accent crystals.

(Weird story--a petty thief who'd been plaguing my house for some months, stole (among other things) almost my entire stock of beadwoven jewelry, including these pieces. He left the other jewelry alone.)

Handmade jewelry, beaded beads and more available at my NEW location, bonanza.com/booths/BrightCircle

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 192
noelohwell wrote
on Feb 11, 2013 4:39 PM

these are beautiful!!  every single one.  and I for one, love the pink and red together

Noel

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Marjaana wrote
on Feb 11, 2013 4:46 PM

Beautiful jewelry. I love the colors. It's sad to hear about the theft. 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Feb 11, 2013 8:42 PM

These look amazing! I LOOOOVE the Romantigoth one, but that is so me Stick out tongue lol. They look amazing. Can't wait to see more!

Emma
xXx

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 149
Handcrafted wrote
on Feb 12, 2013 6:15 AM

These are all lovely. I do not think I prefer one of these more than the other as I like them all in there own way and for different reasons.

There isn't one of these pieces of lovely handmade beaded jewellery that I would not like to wear. 

I have only been away for a couple of days and there has so many beautiful pieces of jewellery I am going to have another cup of coffee just so I can see them all

Handmade jewellery designs found here

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 280
HDChiky wrote
on Feb 12, 2013 7:32 AM

These are ALL very beautiful, so sorry about the theft, I am sure it made you sick.  My favorite is the last one!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 51
Luv2CUSmile wrote
on Feb 12, 2013 8:21 AM

@brightcircle These are beautiful! I too am in love with the last one! I would be so heartbroken if someone stole my things but then again, a little "flattered" that they think they are so valuable to take... LOL

Hate that happened to you. I absolutely love the last one for all of the elements you used and the first one is a close second! I love the style and color but I haven't worn those colors on my neck before. Very interesting. Thx for sharing! I hope you are able to get the components and recreate your pieces.

~Luv

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote
on Feb 12, 2013 2:58 PM

Wicked COOL!  I like the punkiness of the first one.  Yes, you can see the pale blue in your second one, at least, it reads on my screen.  I can imagine an ancient Nordic princess or maybe a fierce Valkyrie wearing that one!  The third and fourth are my absolute favorites!  Fuschia and red work well together as they are complimentary with one another on the color wheel.  Had you used a pastel pink, it might have looked not so vibrantly beautiful, imho.  The silver and vitrail necklace is so very Downton Abbey!  I could see Lady Sybill wearing that particular piece; it would have suited her lively personality just fine. I love it!

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote
on Feb 12, 2013 3:04 PM

PS: horrible little creature, that thief!  I hope they find him and throw the book at him!  Ironic that he thought your designs were the super valuable items; almost flattering in a sick, twisted way.(of course, your jewelry is valuable, as a lot of the supplies you get wind up being one-of-a-kind, I'm sure!)

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on Feb 13, 2013 2:55 AM

Ooh, now you've got me imagining the last necklace on Downtown Abbey! :D

Yeah, I thought it was weird that the thief went for the beadwoven stuff instead of the more tradtional looking jewelry. But it was a weird thief--he also took my entire supply of 8s, a couple tubes of 11s and some other supplies.

Handmade jewelry, beaded beads and more available at my NEW location, bonanza.com/booths/BrightCircle

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,867
Valbeads wrote
on Feb 13, 2013 3:19 AM

I love that show!  The season finale is this Sunday, though.Crying  The Brits idea of a season is a fraction of the length of ours, and then you're left suffering for an entire year!  Now that's cruel and unusual!

That is weird- do you think maybe he's a beader?  Maybe he steals this stuff and makes a profit on eBay or something.  Creep.

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 51
Luv2CUSmile wrote
on Feb 13, 2013 8:48 AM

Wow! Very strange thief! Yeah- wondering, could it possibly be someone who knows you and also does beading? Maybe they were in your house before?? What a strange theft? Still so sorry that happened, as much as a confusing steal it was... I hate to say I would start rethinking who had visited me and coveted my items... I hate having bad thoughts of people whom I think are close to me. Or close enough that they have knowledge of what "craft" items I have. Then I would start looking at my kids friends... we did have a kid that was a good friend to my daughter... supposedly. She was a petty thief though. Gosh, hope you figure out who took those items.

~Luv

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on Feb 13, 2013 10:10 AM

I'm pretty sure it was a local petty thief  who, according to the cops, had hit a good number of homes in the community. He stole cash and liquor, but the jewelry/bead thefts still make little sense. There's almost no one else it could be though--and none of the possible people make sense.

Guess it's just one of those things that we'll probably never know in this life. I've more or less made my peace with it.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,145
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Feb 13, 2013 9:07 PM

So,Sorry, Bless you!

I have had my house broke into once. (it was a person that I knew)..Angry)  It's been years, but I can still recall the Shock! that someone came into my home.. Crying..

Maybe, your Theif, will get a conscience and return your items. (now you know why my husband calles me Mary Poppins)Wink

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS