~Pretty Kitty~

This post has 17 Replies | 3 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 52
on Apr 23, 2013 9:17 PM

Cute! :)))) My favorite kitty character is Hello Kitty. My daughter loves her too and so I made her a ring :)

Jane:

www.diybeadingclub.com

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 161
xXfantasyXx wrote
on Apr 29, 2013 12:34 AM

Yay!  We decided to keep her:)  She is so precious!

-diybeadingclub-

That's a really cute ring.  Very well doneSmile

-Caroline king-

If you want to know how to make the choker, it's simple.

I would first make the chain tail that you can see is hanging from underneath the metal cap in the center of the choker.  I started with a 14 link piece of chain.  All I did was hang some 6mm bicones and a pearl from the chain using eye & head pins.

The stitch I used for the choker is double needle right angle weave.  I don't know how much thread I used, maybe a few feet?  I picked up five seed beads, the clasp, and five more seed beads.  I crossed both ends of the thread through a 6mm bicone.  I picked up a pearl bead on each end of thread and crossed through another 6mm bicone.  I repeated until I had the desired length.  I picked up five seed beads, a jump ring, and five more seed beads.  I believe I then zigzagged less than half way back through the necklace.  I made sure that one end of thread was exiting a bicone, I picked up a pattern of one seed bead-one 4mm bicone, until I had five of each.  I went through the cat & the metal cap bead.  I picked up the other end of thread and zigzagged through three more bicones.  Again, I picked up a pattern of one seed bead and one 4mm bicone, until I had five of each.  I sewed through the cat and metal cap bead.  I then sewed through the first link of the chain tail with both ends of thread.   I tied the ends together inside the metal cap so that they will be hidden.  So now the chain will be dangling from underneath the metal cap.

I hope this explains the process well, I'm terrible with instructionsEmbarrassed  If something doesn't make sense just let me know:)

Thank you everyone,

~Grace~

Do your best & let God do the restSmile

Not Ranked
Posts 18
on Apr 30, 2013 6:54 PM

Very cute my  Granddaughter would love it

https://www.etsy.com/shop/WhimzicalGrace

http://about.me/handbeadedjewelry

Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS