Bead Shops - New York City

This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Feb 10, 2013 8:09 PM

Hey all!

I'm so excited! - I'm going to be going on my very first overseas holiday in September to New York and was wondering if anybody knew where the good bead shops are.

I am a beadweaver, so shops that sell excessive amounts of seed beads is a big plus Wink

Thanks in advance!
Emma
xXx

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,954
SEllen 2 wrote
on Feb 14, 2013 3:56 PM
Hi Emma I replied to this yesterday, I thought, but the computer gremlins must have thrown a wrench in with it. And it was lost in cyber space or something. I can't help you with your search personally. But I did find this shop finder on the B&B site. (You know the OTHER magazine) Anyway, thought it might be of some help to you. BeadShopFinder.com It's suppose to help you locate bead shops by area. You might ask Valbeads I think she is from New York state and she might be able to give you some insight as where to start. Good Luck with your search P.S. Looks like the gremlins are still among us. 'Cause I do know about a thing called spacing. Sorry it's all jammed together. Those gremlins Grrrr....

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,273
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Feb 14, 2013 8:12 PM

Sellen, you did reply and it is still there. It is under Bead Chat. LOL

Emma must have posted the same question in two areas of the site. 

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,846
Valbeads wrote
on Feb 15, 2013 8:07 AM

I'm from NY, but NOT the City.  I'm afraid it's been 20 years since I was last in Manhattan, and I was a young punk interested in having as much fun as possible, not beading!(lol)  Afraid I can't help you in the bead department.Sad  Now, if you were going to Virginia, and in the DC area.....well, that's a totally different ball of wax!  I'm originally from Virginia, and I go home as often as I can, so I'm fairly familiar with the "bead joints" down there!(lol)

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 51
Vicky325 wrote
on Feb 15, 2013 9:30 AM

Hello,

I live in NYC...and frequently visits most of the stores, they seem to pop up out of nowhere sometimes, by the time you come it might be changed again...lol... they are mostly in the garment district...around 6th ave/bdwy/ and 34  to 38 streets. You are welcome to contact me when you get here and I will be glad to help you....might get a shopping spree together...lol...

www.knotsandsparklez.weebly.com

www.facebook.com/handcraftedfashionaccessories

www.etsy.com/shop/knotsandsparklez

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,954
SEllen 2 wrote
on Feb 15, 2013 12:02 PM

SCB1:

Sellen, you did reply and it is still there. It is under Bead Chat. LOL

Thanks Sue- (I guess my cold is making me a bit fuzzy as to where I put things.)LOL

I guess I need to appologize to the gremlins then, huh?Embarrassed   Sorry, little gremlins Angel

I don't want to make them angry and have to buy a new computer.Confused

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS