My FIRST RAW bracelet!

This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 280
HDChiky wrote
on Feb 10, 2013 12:12 AM

Here is a photo of a new bracelet I finished tonight. It comes from a new book I just got yesterday titled, 'I CAN right angle  weave' by Mabeline Gidez. I had been struggling with getting this stitch and this one is far from perfect but at least I finished it. Her instructions are GREAT! So easy to follow. This bracelet was made with 4mm bicones in a pink and turquoise green (looks blue in the pic). It was fun and fairly easy to do, can't wait to do another one. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,563
D.M.Z wrote
on Feb 10, 2013 12:30 AM

Lu.............RAW is so much fun to do, glad you got into it. I have probably more bracelets in RAW than any other stitch. A lot of mine are 4mm firepolish, either oval or round and then you can add more beads on top by going from one corner to the opposite in each square or every other square. I've used up many odd dribs and drabs of beads that way. 

Is that really your dog? It is way cute and makes me smile every time I see the picture. Donna

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 517
tcwhit wrote
on Feb 10, 2013 7:07 AM

Good job! I have a few issues with RAW also. Do ok til it's time to turn, then it becomes a fumbled, jumbled disaster. I keep trying though!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 280
HDChiky wrote
on Feb 10, 2013 10:24 AM

Hey Donna, yes that is my Chihuahua, Mickey (looks like Mickey Mouse with those ears).  I have 3 Chi's - don't ask me why - guess I am nuts.  The other 2 are Lola (looks like the Taco Bell dog) and Carlos (I call him my Reesey Piecey cause he is dark brown and tan).  They are my little family since I live alone. They do keep me company and are great alert dogs - they yap ALL THE TIME!

TC - I am the same way - the turns get me, but this book the way she does her drawings and directions helped tremendously.  Now, ask me if I could do it without the book and I would probably say I could not... but I am hoping repetition will eventually drill it in to this thick skull.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 318
Niwas wrote
on Feb 10, 2013 11:44 AM

really nice bracelet ,looks really nive with all the bicones!

Hope you all are having a great day.
If you want to see more made by me please visit my Faebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/NiwasSmycken?

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 280
HDChiky wrote
on Feb 10, 2013 1:36 PM

TC, look what happened on my 2nd attemp - somehow when I turned my pattern became a 'chevron' in stead of slanted diagonal ?? I am left handed, I must have boo boo' d somewhere but it still looks okay. If I hadn't told you, you might have not known!!! LOL

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 280
HDChiky wrote
on Feb 10, 2013 1:37 PM

Oh yes I forgot to mention, I did add 11s between the bicones, it helps hide the thread.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 517
tcwhit wrote
on Feb 10, 2013 1:42 PM

But I like the chevron pattern. Yes, I thought it was deliberate.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,563
D.M.Z wrote
on Feb 10, 2013 2:04 PM

Lu........always helps when you find a book that "works" for your own brain. Someone else might pick up that book and be totally confused by it. I do RAW now practically automatically because I've gotten used to it. I ignore the "rules" and my first instructors directions for "floor, walls and ceiling" as that had me concentrating on the wrong thing. Now I just add my beads and continue around until I am able to "jump off" to where the new set needs to attach. It is the repetition that makes this work. Sometimes I will be positive that all my circles have been one way, but that is only because I find one direction easier than the other. I've picked apart a whole row to prove that to myself. 

Chi's are good little dogs, they usually think of themselves as much bigger......  but they have a good sized "noggin" full of brains for their size. I like Mickey very much, he looks very cute. Donna

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Feb 11, 2013 4:10 AM

Can I have it?  Pllllllllllleeeeeeease?  The crystals read teal on my screen- yummy!

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS