Hello from Scotland!

This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 6
on Feb 1, 2013 1:09 PM

Hi I am a new Beading Daily member, just started beadweaving and loving it   ***Waves*** all the way from Scotland

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,863
Valbeads wrote
on Feb 1, 2013 2:19 PM

Hello!  And warm welcomes even though it's so blasted cold here in NYS right now.  I'm Val and I'm actually half- Scottish on my mum's sise of the family.  I look Celtic, too!  I reck the weather's not too pleasant on your side of the pond, either, is it?  Hope you'll share some of your pretties with us on the Readers' Showcase.  Tirrah!

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 149
Handcrafted wrote
on Feb 3, 2013 7:45 AM

Hi There and welcome to the forum,

I am sure that you are going to find it a very friendly place with lots of interesting things to look at and with a lot of friendly members.

I have been a member now for about two months and have enjoyed every minute looking around at what people have been up to. 

Where about are you in Scotalnd?

I used to live just north of Aberdeen and still have friends there. I am now back after lots of detours in my home of Yorkshire.

My craft, hobby and business is jewellery making, so again welcome and it would be nice to see some of your work

Julie 

Handmade jewellery designs found here

Not Ranked
Posts 6
on Feb 3, 2013 5:22 PM

Its not too cold over here at the moment. The nights are getting lighter and I cant wait for Spring! I would love to show some of my beading. I have bought a lovely pattern but not sure whether I can credit the designer or not on here. Is it advertising?

Not Ranked
Posts 6
on Feb 3, 2013 5:24 PM

Hi there Julie. I am about 10 miles from Edinburgh but I am an English infiltrator who met a very nice Scotsman :-) I am originally from the other side of the Pennines, Lancashire. Thanks for the welcome !

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,290
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Feb 3, 2013 5:44 PM

Crafty Beader, 

You can show us what you made from the pattern, and by all means credit the designer. It is the right thing to do. However you can not show the picture of her piece. And you can't put her address where she sells her patterns from. If someone really whats to find her the can Google her name and find it. So don't get your post deleted, by one, showing someone else's work without their permission, or two, by advertising. 

I know this is a touchy subject around here, but we had been over run with spam. The spam got really bad for a while, but it seems to be somewhat under control, now that we have a couple of new moderators, that are keeping it at bay.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
on Feb 3, 2013 5:48 PM

Thats really helpful thank you! It is good to know the ground rules :-)

My first picture is now up in the gallery

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,290
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Feb 3, 2013 6:42 PM

you can read the rules and guidelines. It has a forum that says " Beading Daily Rules and Guidelines" it is two forums below "Introduce Yourself". And if your not sure just ask, someone is usually around that has the correct answer.

And by the way Welcome to the forum. We try to have fun and be informative, so if you have a question, or and answer, feel free to jump in the conversation.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS