Beaded Macrame Necklace I called " Princess Grace Kelly"

This post has 17 Replies | 6 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 51
Vicky325 wrote
on Jan 27, 2013 1:46 PM

This is my 'Princess Grace Kelly" Necklace. It should come with earrings but they are still in the making.Big Smile I chose this name cause it reminds me of the elegance of  Princess Grace.

It is a micro macrame piece with Czech Fire Polished and Japanese beads, and a few crystals here and there. It is supposed to mimic fine jewelry just like my bracelet, but with a subtle color combination.

www.knotsandsparklez.weebly.com

www.facebook.com/handcraftedfashionaccessories

www.etsy.com/shop/knotsandsparklez

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 325
SeaBeads wrote
on Jan 27, 2013 4:20 PM

Oh wow, this is soooooooo lovely. What kind of cord/thread did you use for this necklace? It look sort of silvery.

Greetings from Karin.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 51
Vicky325 wrote
on Jan 27, 2013 5:09 PM

Hello Karin,

I used white C-lon cord, it is a nylon cord used in micro macrame. Beadsmith #8 is also similar and easier to find.

Happy you like it and thank you for the note.

Vicky

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jan 27, 2013 8:19 PM

Vicky325:
supposed to mimic fine jewelry
  I think you did just that!  Beautiful work.  And the name fits.  Will you be adding a bracelet to this as well?  Looking forward to seeing your earrings.

Ottercat Coffee

01-27-13 (1817 PST)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 273
HDChiky wrote
on Jan 27, 2013 9:03 PM

Very pretty!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 273
HDChiky wrote
on Jan 27, 2013 9:03 PM

Very pretty!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 51
Vicky325 wrote
on Jan 27, 2013 9:20 PM

Thank you again for your feedback. I am working on the earrings right now, waiting for some more materials to arrive. I have thought of making also a bracelet, but would it be too much??? That is what my hubby thinks...lol... the thing is with the bracelet I have less length and I don't want it bulky, so I still have to figure some things out.

Vicky

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 149
xXfantasyXx wrote
on Jan 28, 2013 1:17 AM

Wow! Very pretty:)

I think you should copy the center of the necklace and do a "slave" bracelet to match.

~Fantasy~

Do your best & let God do the restSmile

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Jan 28, 2013 1:54 AM

Vicky, I think I should use "fantastic" to describable the necklace, combination of white and blue and the flower pattern are really delicate, I am sure earrings would be nice as well. thanks for sharing! :)   

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 79
HoneyBeads wrote
on Jan 28, 2013 5:53 AM

Wow amazing! I love the colors!

Have a lovely beading day,

HoneyBeads1

Youtube Channel 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 51
Vicky325 wrote
on Jan 28, 2013 1:09 PM

"I think you should copy the center of the necklace and do a "slave" bracelet to match."

~Fantasy~

Thank you for the compliments and Thank you for the idea, you game me  something to think about...

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 51
Vicky325 wrote
on Jan 28, 2013 1:14 PM

Thank you Caroline, all the comments are very much appreciated. I m still new at this art, and have much to learn but I try to apply it as best as I can. Unfortunately until now I did not have a way to get any feedback, now I do.

I also love the color combination, I'm thinking of making another one in blue tones for my daughter since it is her favorite color, and next year it will be her first graduation. And she is my princess. Wink

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 51
Vicky325 wrote
on Jan 28, 2013 1:18 PM

@ honeybeads,

again  thanx so much, it means a lot to hear what others think especially if they share the same interest. If that blue cabochon I see in the pic of your profile is any indication of your craft you are indeed talented. I have never tried it but it is something I find fascinating and definitely wanna try, and maybe incorporate it with some micro macrame. I love those blue colors.

Vicky

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,716
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 29, 2013 4:53 PM

I could certainly see Grace Kelly wearing this piece, maybe in Bell, Book and Candle, or possibly Rear Window.  It is so beautiful, just like her.

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 51
Vicky325 wrote
on Jan 30, 2013 9:15 AM

Valbeads:

I could certainly see Grace Kelly wearing this piece, maybe in Bell, Book and Candle, or possibly Rear Window.  It is so beautiful, just like her.

Thank you so much....I really appreciate all the comments, from such talented people....

when the necklace was finally finished I was left with finding a name for it, and that is something I'm not good at...lol...so I kept looking at it to see if it would spark any idea....and the beauty and elegance of Grace Kelly is what was brought to my mind.....and that is how I named it....

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS