My Emerald Entry

This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 24, 2013 7:43 PM

Okay, Everybody!

Here is my entry for the Pantone Color of the Year.  I hope you like it.  The design was inspired by one of my beading magazines.  Sadly, since I have so many, I can't remember which one!Huh?

Thanks for checking it out.

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 517
tcwhit wrote
on Jan 24, 2013 8:32 PM

Hoorah more green! Very nice. I love either very simplistic, or very busy. That's perfect.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jan 24, 2013 8:36 PM

Lovely -- beautiful green!  Thanks for sharing!

Ottercat Coffee

01-24-13 (1834 PST)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,336
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jan 24, 2013 10:12 PM

Valbeads,

This is really lovely, however it would be better suited to be posted under "Reader Showcase"

I would move it for you, but I am not sure how to do that.           

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 517
tcwhit wrote
on Jan 24, 2013 10:31 PM

Ok, I didn't realize we were only to post images in the showcase. My bad. We were trying to show our pieces for the pantone color of the year. sorry

I cant see how to move it either. I apparently can't edit a post right, either. Ok. Learning curve took a tighter turn!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,336
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jan 24, 2013 11:06 PM

tcwhit,

I am sorry,  you can post pictures in all the forums, however, I just thought it was better suited to the "Readers Showcase. Actually more people will look there to see what other members are making.

Why don't you start a new thread under Readers Showcase, and some others may join in the fun and add their pieces to the thread.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 25, 2013 1:45 AM

Sue: Whoops!  You're right; I had a blonde moment!Smile  Mea culpa.  I haven't got a clue how to do it, either.Huh?  I fear my techno-nerdiness only goes so far. (g)  I'm glad you like it, though.

TC: I tend to be very partial to simple and elegant, but as you may have noticed from some of my ptreviously posted shot, I'm not averse to pieces a bit more.......ornate, shall we say?Smile

Sarah: aw! Thanks!  I'm very fond green.  It brings out the green in my eyes, which are hazel.  How cool is that marquise cut emerald crystal?

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 25, 2013 10:28 PM

I'm glad you like it sweetie!  Stay tuned to Readers Showcase; more to come!

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 308
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 1:58 PM

you jewellery set is very pretty Val, ... and have to say i like the pillow too :), love the romantic cozy style at home too.

Whohoo, pics from your jewellery, lets jump in the showcase to see if theres more, or your dad nicked back he camera.

Cya

Aunty Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 5:38 PM

Thanks!  I now have a "pilfer" agreement with Dad. (g)

Val

boutiquev.us

Not Ranked
Posts 10
on Feb 1, 2013 5:20 AM

Maxine0802:

The only imperfection is that your picture can not be seen so clearly. It seems that Pantone is really very popular this year. I like this color too.

Hi Maxine

The name of the color is Emarald green or Emerald. It is not called Pantone but was pointed out as or meant to be the colour of the year by the Color Company Pantone which has widespread code system for standardised colours and colour tints. The Pantone code for the so called Emerald Green for example is Pantone 17 5641. Wink

But yes, it is a wonderfull colour as the Emerald too is a wonderful rock. Smile

And the necklace is wonderful too.

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Feb 1, 2013 1:10 PM

Sorry, Maxine, I'm still getting used to a digital camera.  I'm a bit of a dinosaur; I've always preferred film.Smile

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 24, 2013 7:43 PM

Okay, Everybody!

Here is my entry for the Pantone Color of the Year.  I hope you like it.  The design was inspired by one of my beading magazines.  Sadly, since I have so many, I can't remember which one!Huh?

Thanks for checking it out.

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 517
tcwhit wrote
on Jan 24, 2013 8:32 PM

Hoorah more green! Very nice. I love either very simplistic, or very busy. That's perfect.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jan 24, 2013 8:36 PM

Lovely -- beautiful green!  Thanks for sharing!

Ottercat Coffee

01-24-13 (1834 PST)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,336
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jan 24, 2013 10:12 PM

Valbeads,

This is really lovely, however it would be better suited to be posted under "Reader Showcase"

I would move it for you, but I am not sure how to do that.           

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 517
tcwhit wrote
on Jan 24, 2013 10:31 PM

Ok, I didn't realize we were only to post images in the showcase. My bad. We were trying to show our pieces for the pantone color of the year. sorry

I cant see how to move it either. I apparently can't edit a post right, either. Ok. Learning curve took a tighter turn!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,336
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Jan 24, 2013 11:06 PM

tcwhit,

I am sorry,  you can post pictures in all the forums, however, I just thought it was better suited to the "Readers Showcase. Actually more people will look there to see what other members are making.

Why don't you start a new thread under Readers Showcase, and some others may join in the fun and add their pieces to the thread.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 25, 2013 1:45 AM

Sue: Whoops!  You're right; I had a blonde moment!Smile  Mea culpa.  I haven't got a clue how to do it, either.Huh?  I fear my techno-nerdiness only goes so far. (g)  I'm glad you like it, though.

TC: I tend to be very partial to simple and elegant, but as you may have noticed from some of my ptreviously posted shot, I'm not averse to pieces a bit more.......ornate, shall we say?Smile

Sarah: aw! Thanks!  I'm very fond green.  It brings out the green in my eyes, which are hazel.  How cool is that marquise cut emerald crystal?

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 25, 2013 10:28 PM

I'm glad you like it sweetie!  Stay tuned to Readers Showcase; more to come!

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 308
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 1:58 PM

you jewellery set is very pretty Val, ... and have to say i like the pillow too :), love the romantic cozy style at home too.

Whohoo, pics from your jewellery, lets jump in the showcase to see if theres more, or your dad nicked back he camera.

Cya

Aunty Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 5:38 PM

Thanks!  I now have a "pilfer" agreement with Dad. (g)

Val

boutiquev.us

Not Ranked
Posts 10
on Feb 1, 2013 5:20 AM

Maxine0802:

The only imperfection is that your picture can not be seen so clearly. It seems that Pantone is really very popular this year. I like this color too.

Hi Maxine

The name of the color is Emarald green or Emerald. It is not called Pantone but was pointed out as or meant to be the colour of the year by the Color Company Pantone which has widespread code system for standardised colours and colour tints. The Pantone code for the so called Emerald Green for example is Pantone 17 5641. Wink

But yes, it is a wonderfull colour as the Emerald too is a wonderful rock. Smile

And the necklace is wonderful too.

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,876
Valbeads wrote
on Feb 1, 2013 1:10 PM

Sorry, Maxine, I'm still getting used to a digital camera.  I'm a bit of a dinosaur; I've always preferred film.Smile

Val

boutiquev.us

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS