Hi everyone:

This post has 7 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Donna Doyle wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 2:35 PM

I came here because I buy storage units and I just bought one with a ton of bags of beads in it.  Some are jessiejames.com beads and others I have no idea.  There are lampwork, clay, resin, metal, some seem to be acrylic and who knows what else.

I'm trying to find a venue where I can sell them as lots besides Ebay.

Can anyone give me some ideas please!

I also found tons of craft supplies: scrapbooking, stamps, wood burning, needlepoint, painting and chalks, caligraphy tools and just too much to mention that I'm looking to list as well.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciate!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,539
D.M.Z wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 2:45 PM

Donna, there is a barter forum here, but if you just want $$$, I'd look at sites like etsy and artfire. I think that you can sell supplies on etsy for sure, but read the rules. Etsy is gaining a lot of momentum, but you'll have to do some marketing. Is there any specific reason you don't want to do ebay? Other than the fact that it has changed a lot and isn't so nice now, but there are categories for supplies and lots of folks still do go there and look. If priced right it will sell. Donna

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Donna Doyle wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 6:02 PM

Hi Donna:

Thanks for replying.  I haven't sold anything on Ebay in years so was looking at other options.  There's an auction site called Top Hatter that I was going to try but looking at the sellers posts it seems that there is some issues going on right now with fees.

I will look into Artfire and if that doesn't work Ebay it is:)

I love this site by the way.  I used to make beaded jewelry but gave it up when my grandson was diagnosed with a fatal illness.

I will still come in and see what's going on:)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 517
tcwhit wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 7:17 PM

Donna Doyle - Sometimes when we suffer great losses, it helps to back up to something comfortable and familiar. I lost my own son, 3 years ago today. I know firsthand the heartache. I know also that well meaning people telling us it will get better just don't get it. But the heartache eases for a bit when we have the old something to focus on for a while. You've stumbled across this wonderful stash. Perhaps hang on to it for a time, and maybe attempt to use it? I wish you the best.

TC

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 9:27 PM

Donna Doyle:

tcwhit:
You've stumbled across this wonderful stash. Perhaps hang on to it for a time, and maybe attempt to use it?

I agree with tcwhit.  Just for now -- you can always use the time to research the best way to use or dispose of your items.  Best Wishes.

Ottercat Coffee

01-23-13 (1925 PST)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,875
Valbeads wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 9:47 PM

TC: Sorry to hear about your son.  What a difficult day this must be for you.  I cannot possibly imagine your pain.  No, that is something you can never get over.  You may become resigned to it eventually, but how are you supposed to "get over" the death of your child?  Parents aren't supposed to outlive their children.  The best I can offer is my condolences and that I will say a prayer for your son and for you, that God will help you to get through this the best you can.

I hope that your jewelry designing does help to make things easier on you as often as possible.  Although this is not the same, I am in constant pain 24 hours a dy because of spinal damage from being hit by a car, and jewelry designing helps soothe my mind so I'm not thinking about my messed-up body so much.

Looking forward to seeing more of your lovelies. 

Val

boutiquev.us

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 517
tcwhit wrote
on Jan 24, 2013 7:10 AM

Donna D-I've never heard of Tophatter. Going to have to check that out. For online you've had some great suggestions here so I'll skip all that. A thought here though: Perhaps locally, a yard sale of your own or a friends. A community bulletin board. A craft fair thru the local schools or your church? We're ALWAYS always always looking for more goodies.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
kami87 wrote
on Feb 12, 2013 8:17 AM

Hi how are you?

I have a two great places to sell them:

You can sell craft supplies for free at www.museymarket.com. Its not like Ebay. There is only a 3.5% fee of sale total.

You can also check out www.craftori.com I believe they have free and paid listings.

Maybe you could list on both sites.

Pure Peace Designs  Handmade by Me

Musey Market Handmade Marketplace

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS